The Greatest Present of All

Let me start by saying how thankful I am of 10k for this book. Thank you all very much! Anyway its Christmas and such a time deserves a themed oneshot. I found some fanart staying to the theme of course. This is not linked to Christmas Capers. I hope you guys enjoy.

We have come full circle once more,

The earth came round crust and core.

It spun 365 times without fail,

Now its my turn to spin a tale.

A tale of love and holiday cheer,

Comment and vote if you shed a tear.

Winter Break has arrived! The resident high school in the Kalos Region had closed for the season. And what follows is the globally celebrated custom of Christmas.

No doubt, everyone was in for a treat this year. Snow had blanketed Vaniville Town and countless kids were out in play. However, two young friends were not the partying type. They preferred to stay inside with he warmth rather then frolic in the icy gift from above. They preferred small meetings rather than big parties. So the two of them decided to meet.

A boy and a girl, long time friends, and yet, something more existed between them. From any external view, they might already look like a couple. However, neither of them were aware of the hidden truth. This truth being the powerful love they hold for one another without knowing about each others feelings.

Their names were Ash and Serena, two students who shared largely similar interests. Serena's friend Dawn offered an invitation to a Christmas party. Serena politely declined saying "I already have plans with Ash." Her bluenette friend understood of course and like many others hoped to see something blossom from this like the first flowers in a crisp Spring morning.

It all started with a trip to the shopping center in Lumiose City...

Ash's POV:

What to do? What to do? Presents, presents presents. I stared at the gift shop entrance for what felt like an eternity. I dont tend to buy presents for anyone, but her, she is special. And she has to know that. I cant just get the first pretty thing I see.

It got to a point where the people walking by or exiting from the store began staring at me like there was something wrong with me. To be honest it might be easier to decide on a gift if i could you know, see the gifts. So I walked in before someone called an ambulance.

The gift shop was quite basic. An aisle for wrapping paper and gift boxes. Hmm, possibilities. No Ash focus, gift first, deliverance later. The next aisle had some knick knacks and accessories for gift boxes. They could have put that in the first aisle but hey, I'm no designer.

Then there was a much more complex aisle, one that made me gasp at the sheer brilliance of it. No one would have guessed that a gift shop would have... A GIFT AISLE!

I get sarcastic when I'm nervous I've realised. I walked down the aisle...hehe. I walked down the 'gift' aisle and I just saw the greatest possible gift. It was a... Wait do you know what, I get the suspicion you will find out later. Me and Serena are always together, the only hint I will give you is that this will be like us being two halves to a whole.

After buying the gift I immediately though that I cant just give this by itself. So I spied the gift box aisle. I needed someone else's opinion. I would ask you but... I dont think the wall can take it. So I got my phone out and texted Dawn. She was plenty aware I had a crush on Serena and she offered support.

I looked down at my messages and quickly typed the question:

Ash: Hey Dawn, can I get your opinion on something?