School Just Got Better

Percy's POV:

"Hey guys." I say with a yawn. "Come on. You need to get up. I have to go to school and you two need to get back to camp."

Thalia and Nico exchanged a look. "What did you two do?" I was genuinely worried.

"We may have signed up for school at Goode with you?" Thalia made it sound more like a question than an actual statement.

"What! Really?!" I'm sure I was grinning from ear to ear. "Just a word of caution. You guys know Connor and Travis from camp?"

"Yeah. Sons of Hemes, right?" Nico said.

"Yeah. Well they attended Goode High and they are in the 'Nice Populars' group. You want to watch out for the mean ones."

"But what's that got to do with anything?"

"I am the loner loser of the school. So-" Thalia cut me off.

"You mean that the leader and head councillor of Camp Half-Blood is the loner loser of Goode High?!"

"Yes. Now let me continue."

"But why?"

"Because I refused to make friends and become close to mortals. Connor and Travis did try at first but I refused to be friends with mortals so they left me alone."

"Makes sense. What were saying?" Nico interjected.

"Umm. Oh yeah! Watch out for any of the Populars. Anyway your arrival means that I can take down that emotionless barrier around me!"

"Ok. So are we getting ready for school or not?"

"Yeah. Come on. Do my mom and Paul know?"

"Nope!" Nico said happily. "Don't tell them. We want to surprise Paul in English."

"What about you dad? Eh, Thalia?"

"What! Dads teaching there?"

"Yeah, Greek. He still hates me."

"Oh great! Thanks dad!" Thalia said to the sky. "Note the sarcasm used." Thunder rumbled. "Yeah, yeah." She mumbled under her breath.

***

"Bye mom. See you at school Paul. Love you Ty." I called over my shoulder as I walked out with Nico and Thalia. We had told my parents that I was going to drop them off at their 'rental apartment' before school when really we were going straight to school so we could avoid Paul and get them settled in without him knowing.

On the drive there we argued about the smallest of things. What to listen to. After five minutes of having the radio station changed every three seconds I changed it to mine and locked it. So of course Nico and Thalia whined the rest of the way at me and I said that tomorrow we are walking because I didn't want that argument again.

The closer we got to school the more nervous I got. For the first time ever I was happy when we walked into the main office so Thalia and Nico could get their schedule, locker numbers and combinations.

"Would you two like a guide to show you around?" Mrs Canap asked them.

"Uh, no thanks. We already have one." Thalia said pointing at me.

"Oh, uh. Ok?" She handed of the paperwork with a sympathetic smile.

"Lets go guys. What do you two have?"

Thalia:

Greek

Math

Break

English

Elective - Cooking

Lunch

Gym

Science

Nico:

Greek

Math

Break

English

Elective - Art

Lunch

Gym

Science

Percy:

Greek

Math

Break

English

Elective - Marine Bio.

Lunch

Gym

Science

"Sweet. We all have the same excluding electives." Nico said. We all burst out laughing at his wording.

"Death Breath!" Thalia exclaimed.