Percy's Getting Popular

Annabeth's POV:

I walked into school on Monday to the usual 'hey!'s, 'hello!'s and 'good morning!'s from the teachers, students and princerble.

Yeah. I guess I was popular but I didn't really care about my social standing. I only cared about was true friends.

Suddenly the school went quiet. Several new students walked in the doors. They headed straight for the office, which is quite weird. Usually they have to ask someone.

Maybe they've been here before... or they know someone who goes here. I figured it was the second option because they walked straight up to Percy Jackson, Thalia and Nico.

Then our medieval weapon instructors came in straight after them. All walking up to loser, loner Percy Jackson.

"I don't think we can call him loner any more." Selina pointed out. "And after Saturday. I don't think we can call him a loser either."

I wasn't listening to them any more. I saw a face that has been avoiding me and my family for a few years now. Malcolm Chase my twin brother. We had been separated at the age of seven. I don't think he would even recognise me. I only did because of the photos that were regularly sent to my dad.

"Hello? Annabeth? You in there?" Katie said.

I blinked a few times and shook my head. "Yeah."

"You were staring straight at the blond guy."

"Yeah. I know. That's because I know him. But don't really."

"What on Earth are you on about?" Selina said jumping into the conversation.

"He's my twin. We were separated on our seventh birthday. I wouldn't even recognise him if it wasn't for the yearly pictures he sends every year. Now I think about it Percy is always in at least one. Usually it's more. He's always at the front, leading a group or doing something like that."

"And you didn't think to mention this until now?" Katie said exasperated.

"Umm. Well, I haven't thought about those pictures for at least a year now?"

"Great. I thought you're the smart one!" Selina grumbled.

"I'm sorry. But the point is, what is he doing here and why are there so many?" I pointed out quickly reclaiming my position as the smartest person in the group.

I smirked at their expressions that clearly said, 'Seriously? Why her?'.