New Lessons New School

Annabeth's POV:

I haven't had a sleep like that in years. I don't know why but I feel so much fresher than when I usually wake up.

I walked down to breakfast. I noticed last night that some of the 'new kids' were from my old school. And my brother? Well he's now a teacher. I wonder if this is why we were separated, if he's a wizard too it makes perfect sense.

I looked up at the big table, the four new teachers weren't there. I wonder where they are. Probably setting up their classrooms. They most likely came and had breakfast early before leaving.

I looked down at the time table I had received. First class, DADA. I wonder what that is? I ask the girl sitting beside me. I think her names Hermione. "Excuse me? What does DADA stand for?"

"Oh, hello you must me that new girl Annabeth, I'm Hermione. DADA stands for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Your in sixth?"

"Umm, yeah. Ok, that's cool. Ginny here is in your class. Ginny! This is Annabeth. She's in your class this year."

"Hi." I said nervously.

"Hello. Do you know Harry and Ron? If not this is Harry Potter, the boy who lived. And my annoying brother Ronald, but prefers Ron." Ginny introduced me.

"Hi." Harry said.

"Hello." Ron/Ronald smiled.

They were both really cute.

Just then Hemione said, "Come on. Lets get to class. Your right next door to us, we can show you the way if you'd like?"

"Thanks." I followed them out of the dining room. We walked up the staircase to the next floor. We stopped outside two classrooms. One was set up like a classroom and the other... well, not.

I walked into the second one and sat down on one of the benches lining the room with the other students. Once everyone was seated Professor Jackson strode through the door carrying a sword, beside him was Professor La Rue holding a wickedly sharp spear that seemed to be flickering with electricity.

"Hello class. Don't even think of calling me Professor Jackson. I'm possibly younger than you and it just makes me feel old. Believe it or not I just had my seventeenth birthday, August 18th and I probably have more experience than any of you."

"I am Clarrise, same thing as Pr-Percy here I have more skill, training and experience than Yuit will ever get. I am now nineteen and you will not disrespect me. Today will not be a practical class, more of a... get to know the weapon class. Percy is the best sword fighter in the past three hundred years. He will teach you about swords, knives, daggers and those types of things. I will teach you about spear fighting as well as being able to shoot a bow and arrow. Is that clear?"

There was a chorus of yes mam's. "Good. We will start off with a little demonstration. Go!" Percy yelled. He started explaining what he was doing to the class, they stopped after five minutes. I heard a small snort and looked over, there was Draco and Nico sitting in the corner whispering to themselves. "Draco, think fast." Percy quickly flung a dagger at him. Everyone gasped. He caught it by the hilt. "Very good. Haven't lost your touch I can see."

He smirked at Percy. "As if." Then he sat down again leaving the me wondering what in hell just happened.

Clarrise then started to explain about weapons and their techniques. Let me just say that if anyone else had tried to make it that interesting they would have failed. She managed to do it without trying. The bell went signalling the end of class. Time for... Greek mythology. Again with Slytherin.

I walked into the classroom next door. My brother, Professor Grey and Professor Anecto were standing at the front of the room talking to Draco and Nico. I wondered how they knew each other. It was so strange.

"Alright class, take a seat. I am Professor Anecto and this is Professor Grey. We will be studying Greek mythology in this class."

"Today," Professor Grey continued, "we will be looking at Hell Hounds. Mrs O'Leary!" He called. Sudden a massive dog bounded into the room. It looked like she came straight out of the wall.

"This is Professor Jacksons pet. Mrs O'Leary. We were lucky and he lent her to us for today." Professor Anecto spent the lesson telling us about Hell Hounds with Professor grey jumping in every now and then. I sat beside Ginny scribbling down notes and occasionally asking questions.