An Unexpected Gym Class

Percy's POV:

I showed Thalia where the girls locker rooms were and then lead Nico off to the boys.

You could hear a gasp as Nico and I took off our shirts. It was of course understandable. We had spent our lives fighting off monsters so our whole body's were covered in scars. Not even nectar could heal everything.

We met up with Thalia out side and walked into the gym. I stopped short when I saw the two people who were standing there in the middle of the room talking to coach.

"Clarrise? Chris?" I exclaimed.

"Oh great. Prissys here. And Sparky. Oh great, Corpse Breath is here as well."

"It's good to see you too, Clarrise. Hey Chris." Thalia hugged them both.

"What are you guys doing here?" Nico asked.

"Well we're supposed to be teaching you guys sword fighting but you won't be needing it." Chris said.

"Oh well, I guess we could use the practise. Can we use our own swords?" I asked.

"And I can I use my knife?"

"Yeah sure. I'd better go back and keep talking with your teacher." He turned and made his way back to the centre of the gym. When he got there he put his arm around Clarrise's waist.

As soon as the whole class was settled in the bleachers Chris began to speak. "So class my name is Chris and I am here with my lovely girlfriend Clarrise to show you how to use weapons from ancient times. I know some of you may have already done this before but it is what we will be concentrating on this term."

"This week we will be doing sword fighting. Next week spear, after that week knife, the week after that bow and arrow, and for our final two weeks we will be having competitions. Lets get started."

"Ok. To start off. Does anyone know how to use a sword." Me, Thalia, and Nico raised our hands along with Connor and Travis Stoll. "Ok. Do any of you want to give a demonstration?" Percy raised his hand along with Thalia and Nico. The Stolls were starting too but as soon as they saw Percy raise his arm theirs came down quickly.

"Ok. How about Prissy and Cor- Nico." Clarrise suggested.

"Yep. Come on down you two." He turned to us and said quietly, "Make it simple. Percy I know you are a much better fighter than me and I don't want to look like a complete fool after you. Ok?"

"That's understandable." I looked at Nico. "On three?"

"Why wait?"

He lunged and I parried. I swung and he blocked. We went on like this for about five minutes until I decided I'd had enough. I did the first ever disarming manuver that had been taught to me. I stepped inside his gard and twisted the hilt of his sword so he was forced to release it. His sword clattered to the ground.

We shook hands and walked back up the bleachers to our seats. No one had clapped. But I hadn't really expected it.

"Thank you Nico and Percy." Chris said. "Ok. So for those of you who already know how to spar please comedown to the front. Since there are so many in this class I'm gonna give all of you people who know the basics a quick test just to double check then you will be handed a group. Nico, Percy. You have already passed."

In total a group of six walked down to the bottom of the bleachers. There was Percy, Nico, Thalia, Connor, Travis and Matt Sloan who was not someone to be shown up. By anyone.

It was proven the five out of the six actually knew something and the sixth had no clue. Three guesses who. If you guessed Matt Sloan, then you are absolutely and totally correct. He left grumbling about how the way we fought was different to the way he was taught. I just laughed.

Oh well, by the end of class the majority of my group were able to spar although most didn't last more than thirty seconds. (Not surprising though to me or any of the others who knew me from camp). And there were two girls who were... umm literally blond bimbos. (no offence to blonds. I have a few of naturally blond friends who are really smart in comparison to me and I'm a brunette).

"Ok class. Hit the showers! Percy? Nico? Thalia?" Chris called after us.

"Yeah? What's up man?" The funny thing was although the rest of the class were sweating like pigs I wasn't even worn out in the slightest.

"Just wondering when you guys were coming back to camp? We really miss our head Councillor and Head-of-Camp."

"To tell you the truth I was thinking this weekend... But your not to tell anyone. Got it!" I said causing him to smile.

"What time should I expect you guys?"

"About nine-thirty, tenish. It a depends on traffic."

"Ok. See you guys tomorrow." Chris said walking off.

"Not a word!" I called after him. "Lets go guys."