Surprises in English Class

Percy's POV:

"Quick. Thalia sit in the swivel seat with Nico sitting on top of you. Then turn away from the door." I was instructing Nico and Thalia on the best way to surprise Paul.

Everyone in the class was giving us weird looks. I sat down in Thalia and Nico's line of sight. On my signal they were to turn around and yell surprise.

I watched as Paul walked in the door. I waved at him. The signal for Thalia and Nico to turn around.

"SURPRISE!" They yelled.

"Hey. Get out of- What are you two doing here? I thought Percy was taking you home this morning?"

"Sorry. But we wanted to surprise you so we came early and set up our stuff then Percy was waiting on the front steps acting sad because we had gone 'home' and texted us as soon as you arrived so we hid in the library until we got the all clear, and have been avoiding you since." Thalia finished.

"Sorry Paul." Nico added.

"Well go sit down. We have work to do."

Us three sat in the far back corner where nobody else was so we could talk.

"Ok class today I want you to complete this worksheet, yes it is double sided and no if you don't finish it in class you do so in detention. Any questions? No? Good, on with your work. Come up and grab a sheet please."

When us three approached the desk Paul pulled us off to the side and handed us a copy of it in Greek. "Just because you probably didn't know. The school head is a demigod so he asked if you guys would prefer this and I said you would. He said he would translate for me later. He's a son of Athena."

"Thanks Paul!" We whispered.

We went back and sat down. "That was nice." Thalia said.

"Strangely." Nico added. We had been bought up to be suspicious of anything that seemed 'too nice'.

***

"How were your electives?" Nico asked as he joined up with me and Thals sitting on the front steps where we wouldn't be disturbed.

"Too easy." I replied.

"We didn't even bake anything!" Thalia complained. "We just went over safety rules and stuff like that."

"It's ok. We did dust art. It's just what a detective would need." Nico said happily.

"Why are you even taking cooking anyway Thals?"

"Well according to the rest of the Hunters my good isn't 'edible' so I am now learning to cook."

"Ok. Makes sense." I then turned and whispered in Nico's ear, "Note to self never try Thalia's cooking." He just nodded in agreement.

"What you two whispering about?"

"I was just wondering if I could beat you in whatever we're doing in gym next." I lied smoothly.

"I bet ten dollars to you." Nico added.

"Suck up." I muttered.

Thalia burst out laughing. "I'm sorry but unless its swimming you don't stand a chance." The rest of lunch continued that way, us bickering, but in a friend way.

That's when gym came around.