First Dinner

Harry's POV:

The castle didn't look as good as it usually did thanks to the war but the teachers had done a marvellous job on getting it fixed up for this year.

When I walked inside the entrance hall my chest clenched and my scar started to prickle. 'It's only bad memories. Voldemort is dead.' I told myself.

The first thing I noticed when I walked in to the dinning room (I can't remember what it's called) was that there were not two new teachers like I was expecting but four empty chairs. All the teachers from last year (save the ones that were killed) were sitting in their places.

When everyone was sitting the first years came in. Along with some of the kids from the train. Malfoy smiled and waved at them. They waved back.

That's it. They are not my friends if they're friends with Malfoy. I glared at him from across the room.

When it was their turn to be sorted the hat was nearly screaming in agony. I wondered what these kids had seen to make the hat scream out a house so fast and in so much agony.

Rodriguez, Chris came to Griffindor.

Di Angelo, Nico went to Slytherin. I noticed how he sat straight down next to Malfoy and started a conversation with him.

Grace, Thalia came to Griffindor.

And Solecist, Will went to Huffulpuff.

"Welcome back students. I have a few announcements first of all, to our first years. The forbidden forrest is out of bounds. Mr Filch would like me to remind you that any products bought from Weaslys Wizard Wheezes are band. Finally I would like for you to all welcome our new teachers this year. We have two new subjects with two teachers for each. They are Professor Jackson, Professor La Rue, Professor Grey and Professor Anecto. Professors Jackson and La Rue will be taking DADA, this year it will be a practical subject. Not with your wands wands though. And Professors Grey and Anecto will be taking a brand new subject about Greek mythology."

"But their so young." I whispered to Hermione.

"Well obviously McGonnigal believes in them. But I agree. I guess we just have to wait and see how they do in their classes."

"I wonder what year levels they will all be in?" Ginny said.

"I dunno. Lets ask McGonnigal." I said walking over to her. She was with the new teachers "Hey Professor. New Professors. You guys look a bit young to be teaching."

"Yeah. I'm the youngest one. I'm just seventeen. Clarrise here is eighteen, Claire is seventeen but her birthdays in three days and Malcom is the eldest, his nineteen." Professor Jackson said.

"Ok. I'm looking forward to seeing your classes." They grinned at each other. "Professor McGonnigal, what year level are the new students in? I need to tell Slytherin and Huffulpuff too so they can assign the right dorms."

"Acctually the new students aren't staying in the houses. That's just for classes and eating. But you will find out tomorrow. Now off to bed with you." I raced off to find Hermione and Ron.