Which X Way?

"Yes! Dolle Harbor!" Maya yelled out.

"Why are you excited to be at a harbor, Maya?" Kurapika asked.

Maya looked at him with a sassy look that could make anyone look away and said, "I've never been anywhere other than around Squid Island. Of course I would be excited."

Maya looked back at Gon, who was walking off of the ship. She walked over and saw the captain standing beside a barrel. Gon shook his hand and said, "Thanks, Captain! I had a great time."

The captain laughed and said, "I had fun, too." The Captain took his pipe out of his mouth. "Right! As a token of my appreciation, I'll give you some advice."

"Advice?" Maya asked. The Captain raised his hand and point towards a direction. "Look." He said. "See that big cedar tree on the hilltop?"

Maya felt an odd presence by the barrels that were behind the Captain. She looked over and saw a kid about the same age as Kurapika standing there. Maya knew he was eavesdropping, but decided to just let him be.

"Uh-huh." Gon said as he nodded his head.

"You should make your way there first." The captain said, pointing to a very, very large tree on the center of the island. "It's a shortcut to the exam sight."

"A shortcut?" Gon said. "Got it!" Maya said as she smiled.

"So we just need to head to that tree. We'll do that, Captain." Gon said. "Thanks!"

"Best of luck!" The Captain said.

"Yep! Same to you!" Maya said as she ran alongside Gon towards Kurapika and Leorio.

"Take care!" Gon yelled.

"Huh...that's strange." Leorio said after Gon and Maya explained what the Captain had said to do. They were standing in front of a map of the area.

"Why?" Gon asked.

"According to the notice I received, the exam is supposedly being held somewhere in Zaban City." Leorio told him. "Right now, we're here." He pointed to Dolle Harbor that was on the map, he then pointed at the cedar tree they were supposed to go to. "That tree is in the opposite direction."

"Perhaps you misheard him." Kurapika said.

Gon and Maya shook their heads. "No," Gon said. "He told us to head toward that cedar tree."

"I see..." Kurapika said.

Leorio turned around, "And this notice isn't any help!" He yelled as he held the piece of paper that age the notice on it. "Where, exactly, in Zaban City are we meant to go?"

"Our task is to find the exam site, using a limited amount of information." Kurapika said as he folded his arms. "Just another test before we'll be allowed to take the Hunter Exam."

"I-I knew that!" Leorio defended. "I already knew that!"

"Anyways, I'll go look." Gon said. "The Captain must have had a reason to suggest that." Gon headed towards the direction of the giant tree.

"Hey, hey. You're not serious?" Leorio said. "The bus to Zaban is about to leave. We should just take it."

Gon raised his hand and waved as he still walked down the street.

"Hey!" Leorio yelled, but Gon kept going. "He's gotta learn that you can't trust everyone. Huh?"

Kurapika started walking in the direction of Gon. "Hey! Kurapika!" Leorio yelled.

"Gon's behavior interests me more than the captain's advice." Kurapika said. "I'm going with him."

Leorio stood up straight and out the paper away. "Well," he looked down at Maya. "Which way are you going?"

"I'm heading towards the cedar tree." Maya said quietly to Leorio. "Sorry, but I can sense that the captain wasn't lying. Plus, I like the smell of cedar."

Maya shouldered her back pack and started walking so she could catch up with Kurapika and Gon. She looked back at Leorio. "Sorry, but my senses are usually right."

Maya was walking a little ways begind Gon and Killua when she heard Leorio yelling. "Wait, wait, wait! I'm coming too!" Maya turned around to see Leorio running towards her, Gon, and Kurapika with his suitcase flying in his hand behind him.

Maya giggled, I guess not all people are bad. But most are arrogant.

"Well, I knew you guys would be lonely without me. And it's no fun traveling alone." Leorio said as the four walked down the road.

"But," Maya said. "There are three of us. How would we be lonely?"

Leorio didn't answer and just kept walking. Maya giggled again, maybe this wouldn't be too bad.