What X Test?

As the old woman had said, there was a cabin at the base of the giant cedar tree. The four walked up to the cabin and knocked on the door.

"Hello? Anyone home?" Leorio asked.

"Do you think they're out?" Gon asked after no one answered.

"I don't think that's it." Maya said as she looked around.

Leorio opened the door and said. "We're coming in." As they walked in they saw the place trashed as a large animal thing was holding a woman around her neck.

"A Magical Beast?" Kurapika said aloud as he held his nunchuck type batons. Gon had out his fishing pole while Maya had gotten out her crook.

"A Transforming Magical Beast, the Kiriko!" Maya said as she stood aghast in a defensive stance.

"They can take human form!" Kurapika said. Maya looked closer and saw that the Kiriko was standing above an injured man. "That's an extremely intelligent creature!"

"There's a woman in his arms!" Gon said. "And the guy on the floor needs medical attention." Leorio said.

The Kiriko suddenly jumped out the window with the woman still in his arms. "P-please..." The man on the floor said. "Please save my wife.."

"Leorio," Maya said. "Stay here and help the man."

"Got it!" Leorio said as he was already by the man's side with his suitcase opened. Kurapika, Gon, and Maya dropped their backpacks on the floor and jumped out the window.

The three were running on the ground while Maya was ahead and Kurapika was in the back. Gon was just behind Maya while she chased the faint shadow of the Kiriko. Suddenly, Gon and Maya jumped up into the branches father trees and followed the Kiriko in pursuit.

"Gon, follow him at all cost, we need to help that woman." Maya directed as they jumped from beach to branch with ease.

Gon nodded, showing that he heard as they caught up to the Kiriko.

"Kiriko! Let her go!" Gon yelled. The Kiriko laughed and said, "Take her from me, If you can."

Gon then jumped where there was no branch and fell to the ground as Maya was still in pursuit of the Kiriko.

"Wow! He can talk!" Maya heard Gon say in a fascinated tone. Kurapika explained that the Kiriko could talk due to them being able to transform into humans.

Gon suddenly appeared beside Maya and yelled it to the Kiriko, "Hey! silly Kiriko!"

Maya immediately knew his plan as jumped up at the same time Gon did, she raised her crook as Gon raised his fishing pole. At the same time, they both slammed their weapons down into the Kiriko's head as it dropped the woman.

"Kurapika!" Maya yelled as she fell. Kurapika caught the woman before she fell to the ground and lay her down gently.

"They are so reckless..." Maya heard Kurpaika say to himself.

"We aren't reckless!" Maya yelled as she kept her eyes on the Kiriko. "We're just crazy strategists!"

The Kiriko landed on a branch and rubbed his head, "Stupid kids!" It yelled as it kept jumping from branch to branch as Maya and Gon still followed it.

A few minutes later Maya and Gon lost sight of the Kiriko. They landed on a branch and looked around. Suddenly, there was movement to Maya's left, she looked over and saw the Kiriko fleeing.

"C'mon!" Maya said as she chased after the Kiriko. Gon followed behind Maya as try chased it.

The Kiriko disappeared behind some leaves as they were chasing it. As they came out of the leaves, Maya saw that they had just jumped off a cliff. But before Maya could fall, she hooked her crook around a long tree limb as Gon wrapped his fishing pole around another limb and pulled himself up.