06. the aftermath

Made by cityheist 

"Alex?" I asked not sure as to what he was talking about

"Yes Scarlett?" He asked in a firm tone.

"Yeah hi. . . who are you talking about?"

"Jace, you need to stay away from him. There's a lot you don't know."

"What do you mean-"

Before I could even finish he stormed off.

I don't get what everyone's talking about 'Stay away from Jace' I've only talked to him like three times in my life!

I let out a loud sigh and picked up my math binder, and started walking to my math class. Which Jace happened to be in.

I scanned the room only to see that Jace sits right next to my seat.

I walked over and sat down, then I turned around to see Jace staring at me. His blue eyes cold.

"Can you tell your friend to chill." I whispered into his ear. Not wanting the teacher to hear.

His eyes narrowed in confusion. "Who?"

I rolled my eyes as I shook my head. "Alex James, he came up to me acting all weird telling me to stay away from you. I don't get what that even means!"

He paused for a second before saying, "Leave it alone, he's just joking."

"But what-" I was cut off by Jace's clearly annoyed voice.

"It doesn't matter." He said quickly focusing his attention on the lesson I was suppose to be listening to. "Scarlett it's fine really." He said and his voice softened.

I sighed and decided it would be a good idea for me to pay attention in class.

---

"Yeah he came up to me and told me to stay away from Jace." I told Ava as we were lying on my bed in my room.

"You know Jace, he's kind of weird." She said with a small smile. "I mean he's very good looking but weird. I never really got to talk to him when I-" she stopped herself there.

"When you what Av?" I questioned eagerly.

I mean, when would Ava ever really get the chance to talk to Jace? She just smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"No he's not he's actually really nice. He saved me from that creep." I paused, "Well I guess he can be strange at times." I said thinking long and hard. "But still nice."

"B!" JJ called out from downstairs.

"Who's B?" Ava asked with confused written all over her face. "And who's downstairs?"

"It's nothing." I said quickly, "It's a stupid nickname JJ made for me when I was little. I'll be right back Ava stay here." I said as I walked over to my door.

"I've known you for for a while now and you're pretty weird too Scar!" She called out after me. I laughed because it was true.

"Don't call me B." I hissed at JJ once I was downstairs. "It's stupid nickname that I hate."

"Right, I'm really sorry Scarlett." He laughed a little.

"Sure, what do you want?"

"Scar can I have some water and-" Ava said but stopped when her eyes met JJ's. "Oh. . . I didn't realize he was here- like in this room. . ."

His face turned a light shade of pink. I look back and forth between them. Ava was acting strange before about JJ wasn't she?

I laughed awkwardly, "You guys couldn't be more serious." I said but when no one laughed I cleared my throat. "Um okay. . . JJ you remember Ava right?" I asked turning to JJ.

He shook his head up and down letting out a quick breath. "Yeah of course, hey Ava."

"Hey," She said quietly keeping her eyes fixed on the floor.

"Strange," I whispered under my breath. "Anyways I have to use the bathroom. Ava, you know where the water is." I said as I walked to the bathroom.

Once I was done I washed my hands and headed back to the kitchen. But stopped just before I walked into the kitchen.

"I missed you so much JJ, you don't understand! Don't ever leave me like that again." Ava exclaimed.

I stopped dead in my tracks. What were they talking about? I don't remember them being very close.

"Keep your voice down Scarlett could hear us, come here." JJ whispered quietly and I could tell she had walked closer towards him.

Holy shit.

"I just don't know how I'm suppose to tell her." Ava sighed. "She'll hate me. I think I should have told her sooner it's been so long."

"Shh, Ava don't worry about it. She'll understand where we're coming from."

"No she won't JJ! She's my best friend and I'm keeping something like this hidden from her."

"She's thinks I have a girlfriend. But I broke up with her long before I met you Av."

"Really?" She asked her voice soft.

"Yeah, I came back just to see you. It's been way too long."

"What?" I thought to myself.

JJ and Ava's heads both snapped towards my direction.

I looked around to see where what voice came from. But later on I found out it was my voice. "Well, don't let me interrupt." I said as I quickly ran for the door.

"Scar!" Ava called out.

"Ava, when were you doing to tell me that you are into my brother?" I hissed with the look of disgust clearly evident on my face.

"It's not like that Scar! In the summer when I first met you I knew something was wrong you said it was just stress but it had to be something else. Right?"

I was shocked. What had JJ exactly told Ava. "JJ," I said slowly, "what did you tell her?"

He shook his head and before he could even speak Ava continued. "Nothing ok? I was just scared and I started talking to JJ and things just happened. I'm really sorry Scarlett." Ava pleaded like she was looking for forgiveness, but I couldn't give it to her now.

I turned away from Ava and looked at my brother. "JJ did you really come all this way just for Ava?" I asked because his words did hurt. "Not that you cared about me or how I was doing considering you know mom and dad are never home." I laughed sadly, "I mean they drown themselves in work. Laura and John the dream team."

"You're my sister Scarlett, but I-" he tried to say.

"Okay." I said. "I know everything I need to know." I sighed, "I need to think, I have Ballet class so I have to go." I said grabbing my stuff and rushing out the door before they could stop me.

What was my brother doing kissing my best friend? If Ava really cared she would have told me right?

AN
Hey guys sorry this chapter is late.
But vote comment, and share.

Much love
Bri