08. realizing things

I had totally forgot to give Jace's diary back

I had totally forgot to give Jace's diary back. But, what could I even say?

Hey Jace I've had your diary for a few weeks now but here have it. Oh and I didn't read anything.

Maybe if he wasn't such an asshole the day I bumped into him, then I probably wouldn't have read it, and it would make this whole situation a lot easier. But then again it's Jace Walker. But either way it's wrong to go through someone's personal items. I'm pretty sure he didn't want me to know all those things. I'm not proud of what I did especially because he saved me that night at the bar. But at the same time it sounded okay. He was really rude and I didn't see a problem, and I didn't read a lot. You know just a page or two. But now that I'm thinking about it, it's really wrong and I'm not going to read anymore. Jace seems like a nice maybe he just needs to loosen up a bit.

I jumped off my bed and immediately looked under my bed to find the diary.

I thought this all through in my head. After math class I'll just give it back to him and say that I forgot to give it back to him. Maybe leave out the part where I read the first page or two.

---

Here I was standing outside of my math class. It had just ended and I was waiting for Jace to come out so that I could give him the diary. It was bright and early on a Monday morning and I definitely wasn't in the mood for any bad attitude.

Jace finally walked out of the class. His blue eyes fixed on the floor. I couldn't help but notice how serious he always was. . . it was weird.

He was wearing black jeans, and a simple white tee. Even so casual Jace looked so good it was intimidating.

"Hey Jace, can I talk to you for a second?" I called out to him.

He immediately looked towards my direction and his face darken. He walked closer toward me narrowing his eyebrows.

Was it something I said?

"Hey, I'm been meaning to give this back to you-" I awkwardly cut myself off when he sighed heavily.

"Look, I'm sorry but I really don't have time for this." He said impatiently.

I took a step back in shock. Maybe I was wrong maybe Jace is just a jerk and not the sweet guy who saved me. The mood swings are driving me insane. "Look I don't have time for your shitty attitude I just have to give you-" He cut me off violently again.

"I said I don't have time! Call me later if you want." He said as he rolled his eyes and walked away.

How dare him? I shook my head in disbelief.

"Sorry," I heard a voice from behind me say.

I turned around to meet eyes with Leonardo Moore. Another one of Jace's extremely good looking friends. Leo was the one who pulled Jace away from me. Leo had broad shoulders, brown hair that flopped over this face, and brown eyes the colour of mud.

"For what?" I asked shrugging my shoulders.

"About him, he's an asshole!" Leo sighed with a small smile.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked confused.

He let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "He's my friend and he's a jerk. I kind of feel the need to, you know? He's not a bad guy overall."

I laughed. It was funny how his friend needed to apologize for him. Is he that high up that he can't apologize from himself? "Yeah, I get it." I said slowly not meaning a word. I paused when I realized I hadn't introduce myself because he probably didn't remember me. "Hey, I'm Scarlett." I continued with the biggest smile I could master.

"Scarlett who?" He laughed loudly.

I raised an eyebrow. "Scarlett Everwood, but you can call me Scar."

"Scar as in a scar you would get on your body after a cut would heal?" He asked holding in a fit a laughter.

"Yes," I answered with a small smile growing onto my own lips. In that moment I decided that I liked Leonardo. "I really have never thought of it like that."

"Well Scar," He shrugged, "I'm Leonardo but everyone calls me Leo. You've probably heard of me right?" I laughed as if he was joking.

"Of course! I've heard of you, you're really cool around here." I laughed along with him but I wasn't joking. He is one of the most popular guys in school. I wondered only for a second why he was talking to me, I usually wasn't friends with guys anymore.

When I first came to Redwood High which was just a few weeks ago everyone gave me that look 'look at the new girl!'

"You are the new girl, weren't you?" Leo asked as his eyes drifting to different parts of my face.

"Yeah," I answered with a sigh, "it kind of sucks."

"Well, it's very nice to officially meet you." He said with a perfect smile on his face. "But it can't be that bad."

"It's nice to officially meet you too Leo," I said. "and yes it is."

"Come sit with me and my friends at lunch, okay? Maybe it'll help, I'll see you around Scar!" He said as he ran back to his friends.

Maybe I could stay here maybe I could make some friends, and even maybe I wouldn't have to move schools again.

I turned around and walked to my next class.

---

"I feel like my friends don't get what I've been through. It's hard for anyone to understand really. They know me as someone so doesn't talk much, cold you could even call me. But what they don't know is I do have a heart believe it or not, and I can't forget about that girl. "
~J.W

I gasped and quickly looked around to make sure no one saw what I was actually doing. Jace doesn't even feel like he can connect with his friends? I shook my head that didn't even matter. The question I really wanted to know was: who was this girl he couldn't forget?

---

Lunch eventually rolled around and I was debating on either I should really go sit with Leo and his friends.

Maybe I should go find Ava and sit with her like a usually do.

"Scar?" Ava called from behind me.

"Hey Ava! Leo wants me to sit with him and his friends." I said turning about to look at her.

"Leo?" She asked her face turning a light shade of pink. "Leo Moore?"

"What's wrong?" I said slowly.

"Nothing he's just kind of my. . . ex boyfriend." She said shrugging her shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal.

My eyes also fell out of my head. "He was your ex boyfriend?" I paused remembering that she was going out with my brother. . . gross. "Then why are you with my brother?"

She laughed humorlessly. "Very funny Scar. Things just didn't work out between Leo and I. We're friends now though so, it's okay I guess."

"Okay well, I won't sit with them if you don't want me to, plus I'm pretty sure Jace is friends with them."

"Hey Scar!" Another voice from behind me called, I turned around to see Leo and his smiling face.

Leo looked at me with a smile, but when he looked over at Ava his smile fell slightly.

I could tell there was going to be a lot of drama to come.

---
AN
HEY Guys this is the last chapter before Christmas so merry Christmas or happy holidays!!