29. new beginngs

Sorry for the short chapter :( It's like really bad kind of short

--

"Tell me all about it." Stated the officer right in front of me, he was old and mean. I decided that I didn't like him.

"I called a girl named Spencer Collins because she came up to me at school and said all these things that didn't make sense, but when the line was answered it was Adam. I knew something was wrong because Adam would try and do something crazy like kidnap Jace's sister to try and get to me."

"Jace? Your friend?" The officer asked. 

I didn't exactly know how to answer that question. "Yes?"

The officer nodded. "I see that you have been to court before with Adam Roberson. Correct?

"Yes, do I need a lawyer?" I asked.

He let out a sharp sigh, "If you want one though, you're not a suspect."

"I understand, but I have past history with him."

"Yes, we went over this. Who is he to you?" He asked as if he were bored.

"Officer. . .?" I said not knowing his name.

"Officer Penny." He answered quickly.

"Officer Penny, he was my ex-boyfriend. He got physical so-" I tried to say.

"I'll spare you." He answered and thank god. I didn't want to have to spell it out. "Since you do have history with the suspect you may need your lawyer present. This will go to court and this just might be your chance to catch him."

I couldn't believe the words I was hearing. Adam might actually go away. For good this time. "Really?" I asked surprised.

Officer Penny looked at me like I was crazy. "Yes of course! Kidnapping is a Federal Crime!"

"Right," I nodded, "it's just that I've tired to put him away before. No one believed me."

"Well," Officer Penny said standing up. "You're in luck. You're also free to go. Give the lawyer a call would ya."

"Sure." I said as I walked out of the interrogation room.

I saw Jace sitting with Katie and I immediately ran over towards them. He saw me so he gently let go of sleeping Katie.

"Hey how'd it go?" He asked and he looked exhausted.

"He'll finally go to jail for what he's done." I practically yelled.

Jace smiled softly and looked over at Katie. "Scarlett that's great. But keep it down I don't want to wake up Katie, they just questioned her."

"I'm sorry." I said automatically. "I hope she'll be okay."

"No it's fine." Jace said, "I'm just happy you and Katie are safe." He said pulling me in for a hug.

My arms wrapped around his body tightly. "I am too."

"No Scarlett you don't understand." Jace said slowly intertwining his fingers with mine. "I can't believe he would ever treat someone as beautiful. . . and kind so badly." He shook his head, "I just can't wrap my head around it. But the point is that you're safe and that you're here with me. He'll never hurt you again."

I was shocked, or more like stunned. I couldn't believe Jace had just said all of that to and about me. "Wow. . . Jace, I'm so happy you're here right now. I couldn't have gone through this without-"

"Oh my gosh! Scarlett are you okay? You have a lot of explaining to do!" Ava practically yelled. "Is Katie okay too? Poor girl-"

Jace snapped his head in her direction and narrowed his eyes into slits. "Ava, keep your voice down." He pointed to Katie. "Katie's sleeping right there."

Ava looked over at Katie slowly and scrunched up her face. "Oh. . . I'm sorry." She whispered this time and turned to look at me. "You have a lot of explaining to do. How did this all happen?"

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know Ava. I just fell into the wrong arms at the wrong time."

---

Adam was gone. It has been a few hours and Adam was finally gone. I didn't have to worry about him chasing me down, or him hurting me. It was all gone. He was gone for good.

"Scarlett?" Cassie asked.

I immediately shot my head up in her direction. "Yeah?"

She shook her head and laughed. "I said, are you coming?"

I looked around to see everyone. Jace, Cassie, Blake, Bella, Zoey and Leo all staring at me like I was crazy. "Are you okay?" Cassie asked her eyebrows creasing. "You left us for a second."

"Yeah! You look like you were in a trance." Leo laughed.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said and for the first time in a long time I actually meant it. I was going to be fine. That break I needed finally came. This time it would last forever. "Let's just go guys," I laughed, "I'm starving."