20. all about alex

I guess I was wrong yet again

I guess I was wrong yet again. I could trust these people, all of them Leo, Blake, Ava, Cassie, Zoey and even Jace. They were my friends, my real friends. Especially after Vanessa told mostly everyone in the school to hide their things from me because I was a stealer. I had hoped they didn't hear anything and lucky for me they didn't. But it wasn't like that anyway. Vanessa didn't even know the full story. I sure as hell hoped Jace didn't hear anything because things were just starting to get getting better between us.

After school they all came to my house. We just talked and I've come to the conclusion that they're not so bad. These people actually care about me.

"Hey guys, do you think we should go check on Jace and Alex?" Zoey asked.

"Yeah, Blake have you been home?" Leo asked right after.

Blake shook his head. "Not since morning before I went to school." He said as he grabbed his phone and put it to his ear. "Nope, he's not answering his phone. Maybe we should stop by."

"Blake you're an idiot. You live with the guy." Bella laughed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Blake said waving his hands defensively in the air. "He looked distracted so I said a quick hi and bye, figured he wasn't going to school today."

I suddenly remembered that Cassie was the last person to see Jace. "Cassie you were the last one to see him right? You left with him."

She looked over at me slowly. "Oh yeah!" She shook her head, "He asked me to take Katie home."

So that's why Jace basically pulled Cassie out of school. Cassie needed to bring Kaitlyn, Jace and Blake's younger sister home. "Oh that makes sense." I said but it really didn't. "Did he say where he was going? Or where Alex was?"

Cassie shrugged. "No, not really. He just told me that Katie wasn't feeling well so I took her home. Usually after school she would go over to her friend Natalie's house but, yesterday she couldn't. I had to stay with her but she said she felt better so I dropped her off there."

"Maybe we should stop by." Ava stated. 

I stood up. "That's a good idea." Everyone else mumbled an 'okay' then stood up and followed me out the door. My parents weren't home and JJ left. No one would notice I was gone.

"Scarlett, Ava, Cassie and Bella come with me." Leo called out. "Zoey you go with Blake."

I watched Blake put this arm around Zoey before they got into his car. "What's up with them?" I asked a smile plastered across my face.

"They totally like each other!" Cassie squealed.

"Then?" I asked confused as to why they weren't dating.