27. nightmare dressed as a daydream

"Scarlett this has nothing to do with you

"Scarlett this has nothing to do with you." Ava said pulling me into a hug. But it did. It's just that no one understood. Adam had something on Spencer therefore she followed Maddie to find out where I was. The question is: how did Spencer know that Maddie was coming to find me? In Adam's sick little twisted mind he thought by taking Katie. It would get him closer to me. Which in a way it did.

"Please, I'll explain everything to guys later. Right now we need to go back to your house Jace." I said and everyone had questioning looks on their faces but they followed my instructions.

---

I was in Jace's car and I was nervously waiting to get to his house. I couldn't bare the thought of Katie getting hurt because of me.

"What are you thinking about?" Jace asked me. His words pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Adam," I said, "He won't hurt Katie. He just wants me." I turned to look at Jace.

He looked shocked and confused at the same time. "Are you saying that Adam has Katie?" Jace asked his voice flat and emotionless. I nodded my head and he let out a loud sigh while tightening his hands against the wheel. "That won't happen. I won't let him hurt you. But I also won't let him fucking touch my sister either."

"I need to call Spencer." I said fishing for my phone in my pocket. "She knows exactly where Adam is." I waited for Spencer to pick up. As soon as I heard the cold voice I ran away from my heart skipped a beat. I knew that wasn't her.

"Hey baby." Adam said over the over line. I suddenly began to cry. I didn't want to look weak in front of Jace but it was too late. Adam knew where I was. "It's been so long how are you?"

I looked over at Jace who looked back at me with worried eyes. I wiped the single tear that had fallen. "Where is she Adam? Why do you have Spencer's phone?" I asked my voice so cold I almost didn't recognize it.

"Who? Oh, you mean Kaitlyn, the Walker's little sister? Yeah she's fine. . ." Adam said.

I put the phone on speaker so that Jace could hear.

"Tell me where she is and we can talk. Don't hurt her, please Adam." I begged, the line was quite for a while like he was thinking real hard.

"Fine baby." I cringed at his word and more tears were bound to pour out. "I'm at our special place. Kaitlyn is fine, for now at least." He laughed. "Come alone Blair." It doesn't feel right when he calls me by my real name. The words stung. "Don't bring anyone. . . especially not the police." Then he strangely laughed.

"I'm going to kill him." Jace spat. "No way in hell are you going alone. I'm going to call the police." Jace said turning back to me and I shook my head quickly. "Scarlett please, you can't go alone."

"Okay fine. The others are going back to yours. I'll call them later. Drive down to the hill, where all the flowers grow." I said, because that was always our special place. It hurts me now but it didn't before. Adam and I would always go there whenever we need to think or clear our minds.

I quickly punched in 911. They said it could take up to 10 minutes. A lot can happens in 10 minutes. There was no time to waste. I needed to find Katie. Even though I have never once in my life met Katie- hell I didn't even know Jace and Blake had a sister. I still feel the need to protect her. Obviously because Adam is a crazy person. Just the way he walks or the way he talks. He's a nightmare dressed as a daydream. He'll give you nightmares. He has been giving me nightmares for a long time.

We pulled up to the flower field, and there he was. Brown beautiful hair, and big brown eyes. But he wasn't beautiful inside. My eyes scanned over to Katie, who was sitting on the glass with her knees pulled up to her chest. She was too young to go through something like this. I knew Adam didn't hurt her, although she did look confused. Probably wondering why this strange man took her away and brought her here. I immediately got up and ran toward them, Jace also did the same thing.

"Blair my baby! I love you so-"

Jace cut him short with a hard punch to his face. "Don't you dare touch my sister again! You hear me?" Jace yelled and at this point Katie looked over at Jace in shock.

"Why are you hurting our cousin Jace?" She yelled. "He said he's from a different country." She smiled, and I looked over at Adam in disgust. He had lied to this poor girl in order to keep her calm.

Maybe it was better that way.

I spent a year of hiding. Hiding from the man lying right in front of me. He wasn't the boy I fell in love with. At first, he was sweet and beautiful, but only beautiful on the outside.

Katie had long brown hair that curled at the ends. Unlike her brothers who had blonde hair but she still had the signature big beautiful blue eyes. Without thinking I ran up to Katie and picked her up into my arms. She looked at me questioning who I was. But sooner then later she realized that I wasn't going to hurt her, and she cried into my arms. I couldn't see what Jace was doing to Adam but I'm sure it wasn't good.

"Blair baby, all I wanted was to see you." Adam spat out while wiping blood from lips.

I turned to look at Jace. His face was filled with disgust, and I felt the same way.

"Please Jace, just let him go. The police will be here soon. I don't want you go get in trouble." I said trying to calm him down. Katie was also crying because she had never seen her brother like this.

"Blair how could you? Everything I did was for you! How could you do this to me?" Adam yelled standing up.

I subconsciously took a step back with Katie still in my arms, and for the first in years I had a voice. "You don't get to do that Adam!" I yelled. "My name isn't Blair anymore and it's all because of you. You hurt me Adam, in fact you hurt me a lot. Get it through your head. I'm not yours, and from now on you can't tell me what do. Not matter how hard you try I'm not the same stupid girl you thought I was. I'm no longer native, you can't take advantage of me." I paused holding back tears. "I need to move on with my life, and move on from you."

Adam looked shocked. I couldn't feel anything but Jace pulling Katie and I away from him.

Soon after the police came and put handcuffs on Adam. He looked at me one last time and smiled before his head was pushed into a police car.

His smile would haunt me forever.

When someone quietly called my name I turned around to see Leo, Ava, Bella, Zoey, Cassie, and Blake all covering their mouths in shock. Ava was even screaming.

Why were they here?