~4 Forever~

Lauren woke up the next morning feeling sore, which is something that she had grown accustomed to.

She groggily pushed herself off of her bed, hoping that she had no homework from the previous day. Because if so, she hadn't done any of it.

She did her daily routine; eating a bagel that was painfully plain but she didn't mind because it was edible, brushed her teeth, changed her clothes, and grabbed her book bag—all of it closed off with a heavy sigh.

Her father was sleeping on the couch with a blanket lazily draped over his body. The television was still on, so Lauren had to turn it off as to not run up their bills—that were slowly becoming increasingly more difficult for her to pay—and she fixed his blanket. Nothing new.

A foot was outside of the front door when Lauren realized that she was forgetting something, but she couldn't think straight. Because every time she would try to think of something in particular, her mind would drift off to a certain brunette. And it made even the simplest of tasks hard to focus on.

The green eyed girl stood under the doorway, thinking of the brunette. Something about Camila was different. And although Lauren couldn't pinpoint exactly what she found so intriguing about Camila, there must be a specific reason. Maybe it was the way Camila scrunched her nose together whenever she laughed. Maybe it was the way she smiled wholeheartedly, pearly white teeth on full display. Maybe it was the way her mouth twitched into a smile whenever she was about to burst out in that nose-scrunching, adorable laughter of her's.

Lauren shook her head to clear her Camila-flooded mind.

Once again, the raven haired girl had found herself loosing her train of thought in Camila, and completely forgot about what she was previously doing. She locked the front door and entered her car.

—-

Once she had arrived at the graveyard, she reached into her pocket in order to grab a cigarette almost habitually. When she felt an empty pocket, she furrowed her brows and dug through her other pocket, all but turning her pockets inside out in her search for her cigarettes. Nothing.

"Oh, shit," Lauren muttered out to herself as her hands felt around the soft fabric of her pockets. She let out a drawn out sigh, and ran a hand through her dark hair.

Lauren had left her packet of cigarettes at home, and it was all because she simply couldn't think straight. Because her mind kept going back to Camila, despite her best efforts to stop thinking about the girl. And there was still absolutely nothing that she could do about it.

—-

The raven haired girl entered the nature area, her heart warming at the sight of the small brunette sitting under the tree with her nose practically buried in her book: Romeo and Juliet. An involuntary smile spread across Lauren's features. Because the somewhat shy and timid girl that sits under a tree in an abandoned and vacant section of the school, was undoubtedly the most breathtaking girl that Lauren had ever seen.

She walked over to Camila and took a seat next to the smaller girl, the light breeze of the nearly nonexistent winds blowing Camila's brown locks. Camila didn't look up, just kept reading her book. Lauren leaned her back against the tree and silently examined the smaller girl for a little while, wondering who would be the first to violate the silence. But then, Camila brought a hand up to her own face to wipe a tear.