~24 Rainbow Rose~

Ice cream with Shawn could have gone better.

Although it was actually quite a delightful way to spend an afternoon, the short conversation that the two had about Lauren left Camila sensitive to irritability. But if Camila were to look at the "friendly date" without the conversation about the green eyed girl, then it would be classified as pleasant—but that was not the case.

Surprisingly, Camila was able to get through the friendly date without her brain being completely fogged by Lauren. Conversation flowed easily between the two in the form of simple questions and answers that made each other smile. Camila had found herself not thinking too much about Lauren.

But when the brunette got home, it was an entirely different story.

Because when the brunette got home, Lauren was all she could think about. Mostly, she was wondering what Lauren's punishment was for getting into the fight.

When she had stopped Lauren from continuing to fight, it was an instinct for her. Because she knew the reputation that Lauren had around in the school, and she didn't want anything to further feed the rumors.

Suddenly, a rush of guilt lapped over her through her like a crashing wave when she remembered the words that were so sadly whispered out of Lauren's lips after she had stopped the fight.

"Please don't go out with Shawn, Camz. Please."

The words resonated in Camila's head with such a resounding echo, and she couldn't tell if her progressively forming headache was from that or her lack of sleep. She didn't quite know what to make out of the raven haired girl's words.

Obviously Lauren was trying to tell her to not go on the friendly date with Shawn. But why? And maybe Camila was just being oblivious, or maybe she was just in denial to the thought of Lauren being worried about Shawn "stealing" her.

Because there was undoubtedly no plausible reason as to why Lauren would want Camila in that way. Right?

And before Camila knew it, her two feet were settled underneath the doorway of her home.

Her initial thought was how much it didn't feel like a home. Outside, the household looks so lovely. The whole two-story house looks clean from top to bottom. It's actually quite a large place—one of the largest houses in their entire neighborhood.

But the family within is completely shattered.

---

"Lauren," the green eyed girl whipped her head around in every direction. She couldn't find the source of the voice.

The voice whispered her name so loud, but it sounded so distant. It was a voice that she had heard so many times before, but it was a voice that felt almost foreign to her.

"Lauren."

Suddenly, her legs started to walk in a random direction, almost mindlessly. An unfamiliar blackness filled her surroundings. But her legs continued to move with purpose.

A hospital bed appeared out of thin air. Her legs started to move forward again.

It was as if Lauren was being put on autopilot. The emotions that she was feeling weren't correlating to the soft expressions on her face. Because from the looks on her face, it was as if she was simply strolling to the local supermarket on a nice, sunny daybut she felt scared.

As she began closing in on the hospital bed, she noticed that there was a lump underneath the blanket. The rest of the hospital room filled in around her. A single chair materialized next to the hospital bed, along with plenty of "get well soon" cards sitting on a bedside tabletoo many to count.