~37 Father~

It was all over the news.

"Colson Baker, a man who had recently been jailed with a felony charge--and was to have a trial once the victim of his alleged child abuse had fully healed from their injury--committed suicide in his jail cell. Reports have told us that he hung himself with a blanket that was provided by the jail, and that he must've done it sometime late last night. The victims of his committed felonies choose to remain anonymous. More on this story-"

"Turn it off, Camz," Lauren's stern voice told her girlfriend; who was staring at the television screen with her brows knitted together in thought.

It was the day after Sinu and Camila's..."conversation," about Sinu's pregnancy.

The news of Colson's suicide spread throughout the morning, but Lauren had only heard about it once she'd gotten out of school to visit Camila. Apparently, from what Sinu had told her, Camila hadn't said a single thing all day. Instead, Camila's attention was glued to her television--switching between all of the news channels in order to gain all of the information that she could on Colson's suicide. Camila wasn't allowed to watch television with her concussion. But she would just turn her television back on whenever Sinu would try to turn it off.

"Camz," Lauren snatched the remote, that Camila just wouldn't let go of, out of Camila's hand and turned the television off. And Lauren had half expected Camila to snap at her for doing so, but Camila was still stuck in that same thoughtful expression--staring at her black television screen as if it'd never been turned off.

The raven haired girl sighed, her strict features softening. She tossed the remote back onto the heap of blankets on Camila's bed, and perched herself down beside her brunette girlfriend. And as soon as Lauren's arm wrapped around Camila's small waist, Camila laid her head on Lauren's chest--her hands balling together to grip Lauren's shirt.

A sniffle from Camila was heard, the sound of Lauren's heart plummeting followed, as the smaller girl whimpered out, "I'm so lost in everything, Laur...too many things in my life are changing, and it's going too quickly."

And it was true. Lauren could barely handle everything that was going on with the Cabellos. But she was keeping her confusion and curiosity off to the side for her girlfriend's sake.

A pout formed onto Camila's lips as she squeaked out what she'd been thinking about that whole day, "Do you think...do you think Colson killed himself because of me?" Her grasp on the fabric of Lauren's shirt strained, and with one last whimper, "I don't want to be the reason why somebody killed them self, Laur."

"Camz, stop. Don't think like that. That was his decision."

"How was he supposed to know that the love of his life had an annoying daughter?"

Whatever excuse Camila was about to give, was shortly cut off by Lauren. Her arm tightened around Camila's slim waist, "And how many times did he make you want to kill yourself, Camz? Because I still remember that day when I saw you crying under the tree, because of him. And I remember how scared I was, because I thought that I would never see you again." Lauren was swift in softening her tone once she realized how tense Camila had become, "I don't know if you remember that day...but I always will."

A soft sniffle from Camila accompanied Lauren's statement, along with a throb of Camila's head. The brunette shut her eyes and brought her fingers up to massage at her temples. It was all too much. She was just about beginning to grasp the fact that she was about to become a big sister, and then...this happens. It was all too much.

The warmth of Lauren's body against Camila's left when the raven haired girl stood up. Camila kept her eyes shut because, as she heard Lauren zipping the zipper of her book bag to a close, she didn't want to watch Lauren leave. There was no doubt in Camila's mind that her girlfriend was angry with her--with her rollercoaster of mood changes and all. So she wasn't going to force Lauren to stay.