~36 Artificial Lasts Forever~

Lauren sighed as she stared at Camila's back. The mood swings from Camila's concussion seemed to be hitting hard. Lauren was telling Camila that she was leaving for school, when she heard a sniffle from the brunette. The raven haired girl leaned down to kiss Camila's still bare shoulder, and the brunette's only response was to shrug her away.

"Camz," she said into her girlfriend's ear in that raspy whisper of her's--that raspy whisper of her's that was always able to make Camila's knees go weak, "I'm going to visit you after school...as soon as school ends, baby." She pressed another gentle kiss to the silky skin of Camila's tanned shoulder, only to press a second delicate kiss on Camila's cheek shortly afterwards.

"Why can't you be here with me, Laur?" Camila whined, as she turned onto her back in order to look into Lauren's wonderful green eyes, "Staying at home is supposed to be making my head feel better. But my head only hurts less when I'm with you." A pout formed onto Camila's lips at the frustrating slur of her words, as she spoke. Lauren slowly attached her lips to Camila's, kissing her so delicately that Camila almost didn't feel it.

"I love you, Camz."

Camila sighed when Lauren pulled away fully. Because she knew that there was no point in convincing Lauren to stay with her--especially when Lauren sat up to pick her book bag up from the floor. She reached over to give Lauren's wrist a light tug, she sighed again, before finally giving into the fact that Lauren simply couldn't stay, "I love you, Laur." And after one last kiss to Camila's lips, Lauren walked out of her girlfriend's bedroom.

Camila wasn't allowed to be alone, and Lauren certainly wouldn't be opposed to being the one to watch over her girlfriend--she could do that all day--, but Sinu had priority as Camila's mother. At the bottom of the staircase, waiting for Lauren, was Sinu.

The bombshell of all bombshells was about to be dropped on Lauren.

It was nothing that she'd expected, yet nothing that she hadn't expected. With a girl as perfect as Camila, but with a history like Camila's, there would no doubt be problems in the family--the home life of it all. With Sinu's husband--ex-husband apparently--that had been secretly abusing their daughter for years (and Sinu hadn't divorced him until just recently,) there would no doubt be a...a catch. And Lauren knew that.

"Lauren, I know that you have school to attend, but," there was a hesitant pause to Sinu's voice, yet her eyes were filled with nothing but certainty, "I need to talk to you." Her lips formed a tight line, as if talking caused her pain, and her eyes welled up with tears. Sinu was left to just hope that Lauren didn't notice.

But Lauren noticed, and it made her brows furrow with worry, "Uh, yeah." Green eyes looked away from Sinu, glancing around the foyer of the Cabellos' household. Sinu and Harry were the only two adults that Lauren didn't feel too awkward around. But there was still an awkward tension between the green eyed girl and the mother in the pressure of whatever Sinu needed to say.

Sinu walked to the living room, and Lauren took the silence as a sign to follow.

Sinu was a skinny, frail woman. So when Lauren sat down on the couch--that Sinu had gestured for them to sit on--and Sinu's face twisted seemingly with pain as she bent her knees to also have a seat, Lauren made sure to offer a helping hand to help her girlfriend's mother sit down. Lauren's brows were furrowed in confusion now. Sinu was surely skinny and frail, but she had never shown signs of knee problems before. Or maybe Lauren simply never noticed...but surely she would've noticed.