Chapter 2

Opening her eyes again, Dakota blinked. It had already gone dark. Suddenly she heard her stomach growl and licked her dry lips. The doors of the school were already locked, so the girl had no chance to get the blood from her locker. Squeezing her eyes shut, she felt the vampire awaken, causing her to lose control over herself and making her change to her vampiric form. Spreading grey-feathered wings, Dakota flew high up in the air, following the delicious scent of her prey, not able to think normally in her current state.

With her blond hair slightly floating in the air, the girl arrived at her destination and looked through a window, seeing a person sitting on a couch, wrapped in a blanket and watching a movie. Gripping the windowsill tighter, the girl took a deep breath, fully enjoying the scent of her favourite teacher. Suddenly coming back to her senses, Dakota unconsciously changed back to her human form and lost grip of the windowsill, falling down to the ground with a small scream. Inside the woman looks up confused, listening closely.

When nothing could be heard, she turned her head back to the TV. Meanwhile, Dakota's body hit the ground with a loud sound, knocking her out. After hearing the sound, Petra Klein stood up with a raised brow and turned the TV off. Grabbing a flashlight on her way out, she looked around curiously and took a sharp breath when she saw someone laying unmoving on the ground. Her worries only increased after she noticed who it was, making her run over to her student.

Switching her flashlight off, she placed it on the chest of the girl's chest and lifted her up carefully. After placing Dakota on the couch and moving a blanket over her body, she brushed a strand of hair out of her student's face, relieved when she felt her breathing faintly. Shaking her head softly, the older woman walked into her bedroom and slept in soon after.