Chapter 10

She chokes and her face turns red, making Dakota worry for a second. ''Do you mean like you and I together?'' Petra asks startled. ''Of course. You are warm and you'll have someone to hug. It's a win-win situation for both of us!'' the young vampire smiles cheekily, her face slightly red from alcohol. To her surprise, the teacher seems to get happier about the girl's excitement.

To surprise Dakota even more she agrees and even appears glad to do so. The thought of sleeping with something warm after so many years makes the younger woman clap her hands in anticipation and jump onto her teacher, wrapping her arms around the older woman, nearly squeezing her to death.

Suddenly her lips are next to Dakota's ear, startling and exciting her at the same time. "Didn't know you were that strong.." the vampire only  smirks at her cluelessness.... if only she'd know.

"Want to see how strong I really am?" Within the next second, Dakota had lifted her up bridal style and had begun to walk through her dark house, not bothering to turn the lights on in search for the bedroom while ignoring her amazed gasps. ''How are you doing it?" the teacher asks . ''Oh, you're not that heavy. By the way, are you eating enough?'' In her opinion, she did not weight enough for a human adult and since she is  staying with her the blonde felt responsible - especially since she is the (secretly....) older and more experienced person in the house.

Dakota pauses frustrated ''Where the hell is your bedroom?'' Petra looks surprised but genuinely touched ''Well, I think I am eating enough. Oh, and the bedroom is the other direction.'' She points at a door with an almost mocking grin ''This one right here.''

Opening the door with her left foot while balancing the woman in her arms the vampire stops in the doorway, shocked to see another big part of her old furniture. The bed, the wardrobe and even the bedside table were exactly like she remembered them. It couldn't be a coincidence. ''Just one question Miss Klein.... why did you buy all my old furniture?''

As soon as the words have left her mouth she realised hermistake and quickly dropped Petra on the bed before hiding in the room's shadows, cursing her drunk mind inwardly. ''Hm..? That's not possible.'' The teacher says, obviously blaming my question on the alcohol ''I got most of them from auctions while others have been in my family for over 50 years.''

Thinking it over and finding the answer satisfying Dakota steps back out of the shadows and strips until only the underwear is left. With a content sigh, the blonde vampire slips under the covers, getting lost in past memories. She is way too innocent and clueless to know about vampires, she decides.

The bed shifts as her teacher gets comfortable on what seems to be her usual spot on the bed. Turning her head Dakota observes her calmly at the ceiling looking face, taking in her perfectly shaped features, until she suddenly asks me if she  is sleepy. ''Not that much to be honest.... but I have to admit it's really soft- I could lay in it for hours.'' Dakota answers, smiling rather sadly.
Back in the time when this bed belonged to her she rarely used it, only when she really had to.. Knowing that someone was using it now filled her with happiness.

Remembering that she wasn't alone she asked if she wanted to sleep now, her breathing had already become slower with the time. ''Thanks, I'd love to.'' Petra replies before burying her face in a near pillow. ''I don't want to leave you alone.'' She adds after a moment, making the vampire chuckle and roll over, wrapping her teacher's arms around her waist. ''Don't worry, I'll be here. Sleep now'' the younger woman presses her lips against her teacher's  forehead and wraps her arms around her waist.

Once she knows that the older woman is asleep she leans back and carefully brushes a few strands of hair from her face, memorising the feeling of soft warm skin against her fingertips. ''Just what am I supposed to do? I definitely like you way too much.....but can't act on it. I don't want to lie to you.'' Dakota whisper sadly as she moves her head down to her teacher's chest, sleeping in to the constant rhythm of the older woman's  heartbeat.

**********************************************************************************

A/N

Please vote and comment!
I'll try to finally finish this story soon. I've been carrying the unfinished drafts with me way too long and it's time to let go . Holding onto something for too long only holds you back . I, however, promise this story will have a proper end!

A/N- Is my writing constantly getting worse? There have been less and less people reading this...sad, thought I had improved :(

A/N- I am so tired. So many things are going on at the moment

A/N- guys I am so sorry, both of my wrists and hands are still not okay and even typing sends small bolts of pain through my whole body. I am so tired.... not being able to write is torture.