Burn Balm

That song reminds me of solangelo. Will would sing it. Does anyone else see it? Is it just me?

Also My sister is yelling "Where did Octavian get the torch? Oh well. Torch for you, torch for you, torch for everybody! Everybody gets a torch!"

Wpov

"Who's there?!"

My heart started beating faster as the silhouette got closer.

Weapon, weapon, I need a weapon....

My eyes darted around, but I didn't see anything that I could use as a weapon.

Protect Nico. Just protect Nico.

I stepped away from Nico's sleeping form, trying to direct the attention to me.

"Will?"

"Cecil?"

"Oh thank the gods it's only you!" Cecil looked around, but then panicked, "Where's Nico?!"

I hesitated, wondering if it was safe to tell Cecil, but deciding Cecil was his friend,
"He's sleeping over there."

"You didn't try to protect him." Cecil said, "When you thought I was some sort of serial killer. You didn't try to protect him."

"I was trying to draw attention away from him. That way you wouldn't see him."

"Oh."

He walked over to Nico. He nudged him. "Nico." He whispered.

Nico's eyes fluttered open. He looked panicked until he remembered where he was.

"Cecil? How...? We're in the middle of the woods...how did you find us?"

"I followed you. I wanted to make sure you made it out okay."

"Oh. Thanks." Nico paused, "You don't happen to know how to get back, do you?"

"I will in the morning, when we have light."

"Oh my gods, thank you so much!" He hugged him a and I suddenly felt very jealous.

I walked a little closer so that I could actually see them.

"We can get out of here, Will!" Nico beamed at me.

"Yeah!" I tried to hide how upset I was, but I could tell Nico knew something was wrong.

"Well I'm going to collect wood for a fire." Cecil said, standing up.

"Okay."

Once he was gone Nico asked what was wrong.

I hesitated. "Jealousy."

"Jealousy....over Cecil and I? Trust me, he's straight. Trust me."

"Tell my feelings that." I grumbled.

He laughed. "I know how you feel."

"I'm baaaaack!" Cecil yelled from a few yards away.

"Do you guys know how to make a fire? Without matches?" Nico asked.

"Ummm, no." We said in unison.

"Great." Nico grumbled.

"But I have matches." Cecil offered.

"Why do you have matches?!"

"Well, I was going to play this prank but I guess this is more important."

"What prank...?" Nico looked confused, "Actually, never mind."

Cecil grinned evilly. First he made a pile of firewood, and then he lit a match.