Meowing

Sorry for not updating in forever...

Npov

Have they stopped searching for me? Have they given up?

I wondered how mad Apollo would be if I meowed. Surely then, Will would come in here and take me away from his father. Surely he would save me... Or maybe not. Something told me.

I decided to try meowing. I did it three times, but no one came. I was still alone.

I laid my head down. Then, I heard yelling. It was obviously from far away hut my cat ears heard it.

"What are you doing in here?!" I heard Will's dad scream.

"My mom isn't really dead is she?" Will asked.

"Of course she is. Otherwise... otherwise she would've came back already."

"From where?"

"I don't know."

"Liar."

"If I knew, don't you think I would look for her?"

"I can't tell what you would do. You've kidnapped my boyfriend."

"I've hidden him, not kidnapped him. Besides, I'm taking care of him. It's not like I'm starving him or anything."

"Well, I don't know that, do I?"

"I wouldn't hurt him. It would mean you didn't have to marry a woman."

What?

"Why are you making me marry a woman? You know I won't love her. I'll still want Nico."

What are they talking about?

There was silence for a long time.

"I want her to remind me of your mother. I need someone like her." This part was harder to hear, so I knew he probably whispered it.

"Can't something as simple as our love do that?"

"He's not like her."

"How?"

"She was always happy. Joyful. She could lift my spirits at any time. But Nico... he'll never be like that."

"He lifts my spirits."

My heart fluttered.

I heard Apollo sigh. "Go to your room, Will."

"Dad-"

"Go to your room."

"Fine, then. After you tell me where Nico is."

"I'm not telling you that."

"Why not?"

"He doesn't make you happy. You make him happy, but I don't think it's the other way around."

"He makes me happier than you ever have!"

I knew this probably just slipped out, that he didn't mean to be that rude, but I knew his dad probably felt terrible. And the terrible thing was, deep down, I knew he was a good person. He was just trying to help his son...

But that's no reason to force Will into a straight marriage.

"Go to your room, Will." I heard Apollo whisper. "Please."

Will didn't argue anymore and stumbled back to his room. I saw him for a second. He looked pale and slightly sick. However, he didn't have dark circles under his eyes. He wasn't tired. He must've gotten a good night's rest last night.

I wondered if I should try meowing again. I decided against it.