Explaining

HPOV (Hazel's POV)

They were lying. Why were they lying? And what was my dad talking about? I had so many questions and it was clear that no one wanted to answer them. I glared at them, hoping that they would see I was upset with them and tell me what was going on.

"Um, well, you see-" Will started. Nico took his hand and said, "We need to tell her, Will."

"But..."

"She deserves to know."

I tapped my foot. "I'm waiting."

Nico looked back over at me. "Our dad is a king."

I blinked. "What?"

"He's the king. He uh, had a sort of rivalry with this kingdom. He kidnapped Will's mom and then went into hiding. No one knew who he was, but no one made the connection that he might be the missing king. Then.... then Apollo tried capturing us to get his wife back but only ended up getting me and Bianca. He never meant to kill her... Anyway, we figured it out and Apollo sent out a messenger to tell Dad that he was going to kill me. He wouldn't actually, but he needed to get Dad to come to the castle. Dad... Dad never came."

I blinked. Dad was a king? Did that make me a princess? I didn't really want to be a princess. It seemed stressful. And that made Nico a prince? It was a crazy thought. I mean, imagine if you suddenly found out you and your family were royalty! It's just... it's insane.

"Nico, that's crazy. Don't you think I would've noticed if Will's mom was living with us?"

"Maybe he killed her..." Will looked at his feet, fists clenched.

Nico blinked. "And maybe that's why he didn't come save me. He thought it would be fair."

"But Bianca was already killed by the king, even if it was an accident. That's not why."

Dad came back through the room, grabbing anything that proved we ever lived here. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"We've got to move. They've found us." He went back into his bedroom.

Then I realized why he didn't go to help Nico. "He was trying to save himself." I looked back over at Nico and Will. Will was fuming and Nico looked sad. I could tell they both agreed with me, though. They knew I was right.

"I'm so sorry, Nico." I said.

He shook his head. "I can't believe him."

Will's hands were shaking with rage. "How dare he just-"

"Will. Calm down. I'm fine." Nico interrupted him.

"If my dad actually wanted to kill you, your dad wouldn't have down anything! How could he-"

"Aha! I was right! King Apollo did try to kill you!" Schist. Hades had overheard all of that. He knew Nico and Will had been lying....

Hey everyone! So I have another story I'd like to advertise:

In The Mansion

Im pretty proud of it, and in my opinion it's better than this one so maybe go read that while you're waiting for updates for other things. Please?

Okay I'll go now

Word count: 518 words