The world

Wpov

(Please don't kill me!)

Why me? Out of all the time Hera could have attacked my kingdom, why did she have to attack while I was king?

My heart started beating faster. I looked at Nico, then out the window that overlooked my kingdom.

I could only choose one.

My kingdom or Nico...

My kingdom or Nico...

My kingdom or Nico...

I couldn't choose. As a king, I knew I should choose the kingdom. But I didn't want to, because Nico meant the entire world to me.

A good king should always choose his kingdom.

The option became clear to me.

"If you choose your precious loved one, you'll be together for the rest of your lives. If you choose your kingdom, he's dead."

Nico paled. He managed to get the guard's hand off of his mouth, and said, "Will, you've got to choose your kingdom! She said-"

The guard hastily put his hand over his mouth before he could say more.

"I choose...."

I glanced out at my kingdom.

I can't just leave it in her hands...

"Nico." I said, "I choose Nico."

Hera grinned and she took Nico and shoved him towards me.

"Here have him, just like I said. You will be with him for the rest of your lives. However, I never said how long those lives will be."

I paled.

"I tried to tell you, Will-"

"I know, I know." I whispered to him. I hugged him, but then the guards grabbed us and dragged us towards the dungeons.

They shoved us in a cell together, and I groaned. "This is all my fault..."

Nico walked over to me. "You didn't realize what she was saying. It's okay."

"But you tried to tell me-"

"Hey. Don't put this on yourself, because if you chose your kingdom she probably would've killed us, too. We just....had a larger chance at surviving."

"I failed the kingdom, Nico. I failed you!"

"You did your best. And-"

"Cecil." I realized.

"What?"

"Cecil! He was captured this morning!"

Nico gasped. "Is he okay?! Why was he captured?! How do you know he's captured?!"

"When they found me, I pretended to be Cecil. But they already captured Cecil. If he's down here somewhere..."

"CECIL!" Nico called as loud as he could.

"Who....Nico?" Cecil said.

"He's right across from us!" Nico said, excited. Unfortunately we couldn't see him because it was too dark.

"Is that you, Nico?"

"Yeah! And Will's here too!"

"But...how...?"

"This isn't my kingdom anymore. Hera took it." I said bitterly.

"Oh." He said, "So how are we going to get out of here?"