Polaroid📷~1

Elle

You know the saying 'you fall in love the way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once' that was never the case for me and Luke there's not a day that went by that I wasn't in love with him.

*(means flashback there will be a lot in this book so you understand the backstory better).
"Ell's promise" he whined "Promise what?" I question propping myself up with my elbow as I looked at him with confusion.

"Promise that no matter what happens to us we will always find a way back to each other" he stated interlacing our fingers"I promise" I said giggling at how serious he was acting. "Good" he replied the worry slowly fading from his face "because I can never imagine my life without you" he whispered kissing the top of my forehead "me too" I mumbled back as I snuggled my head in the crook of his neck.

I didn't realise that was Luke's way of saying goodbye it was no longer imagining living my life without him it was facing my life without him and I didn't think I could handle that.

*

~~~~3 years later~~~~

It was finally time to head back home to Australia, I finished my photography major at UCLA and got immediately offered a position in assisting a famous photographer back in Sydney to say I was nervous was an understatement.

The plane ride home was rough I couldn't stop thinking about what happened before I left walking into Luke's house to find everything gone except for a Polaroid of him and me laying on the floor it was the last photo we ever took together and written at the bottom was 'Promise', I kept it holding onto any thought of him actually existing I thought one day the memories of him would just fade away but like the photo they remained with me forever and so did the pain that he left me.

"Elle", I heard a very familiar voice squeal. Dropping my suitcase I ran to Lexi my friend of 5 years arms "I've missed you so much, how was LA?"she exclaimed pulling out of our embrace , "Good really good" I replied picking back up my suitcase. "Well let's talk more about it once we get you home" she said pulling me into her shoulder as we made our way outside of the airport.

I sat in silence the whole way back as I watched the scenery I had missed slowly pass by only occasionally nodding to Lexi brag about her new job and new boyfriend who seemed like a completely douche bag if you ask me but I wasn't paying much attention to judge her decisions.

I pulled my suitcase out of the boot of Lexi's car and closed it we had to do a rain check on hanging out since her work called her up and asked If she could come in today which I didn't particularly mind all I really wanted was to be alone for a little bit,I looked up at my house it still  looked the same as how it did when I left the garden still filled with different coloured flowers which contrasted well with the cream walls that were slowly peeling of exposing the ugly bricks that were once there "it's weird huh?" Lexi pointed out also looking at the houses familiar features, "Your telling me" I muttered pulling my suitcase up my driveway to the front door waving goodbye to Lexi as I slowly opened the door.

*

"So this is it" I replied looking up at my front door "I had a really good time Ell's" Luke replied a smile creeping up on his face, "Me too" I giggled "I can't believe I finally had the guts to ask you out" he said laughing, I rolled my eyes laughing along with him "I know finally" he looked into my eyes a glint of light flashing through them as he pulled me in leaving a long kiss on the top of my forehead "Goodnight Ell's" he said pulling away  ,"Goodnight Luke" I said my face turning a tone of crimson red, as I slowly opened the door creeping in.

[Okay well I bet some of you weren't expecting a new book I hope you enjoy it it's going to be a lot different compared to my other book 11am which you should read if you haven't I will be posting this once a fortnight or once a week it depends as I will continue posting 11am every week because thats my main book atm until this one starts properly anyways thanks for reading make sure to vote and comment and yeah :)]~Iamnotfivesos