Polaroid📷~5

Luke+

The boys were supposed to come get me in half an hour but I couldn't go well not yet I made an excuse that I needed to go to the doctors before the shoot all of them believed it except for Michael he knew the truth but he went along with it.

Jack and Ben were both sitting on the couch watching football as I called a taxi to come get me since I needed a ride and I didn't expect them to offer anytime soon they both looked over at me as If they knew what I was thinking "Aren't you supposed to be at that shoot right about now?" Ben questioned as he muted the tv "I'm surprised you remember I live here" I snickered as I made my way out of the house.

The car ride went faster than I wanted to my hands were now shaking what was I going to say "Oh hey remember me your boyfriend who left without texting or calling you for years but hey I guess I'm here now" that was the wrong way to approach things wasn't it.

I stood at the door for a few minutes before deciding to enter, I could hear the boys stalling for me "So where's your other friend?" I heard a middle aged woman question "Here" I stated my hands were still shaking until I saw her.

There she was Elle she had changed her hair since I had seen her last but it had been over 3 years what was I to expect her eyes widened as they made contact with mine "Luke?" she whimpered her green eyes coming in contact with mine "Hey Ell's" I whispered softly.

She looked at me and then back at the boys "I'm.... I'm sorry but I need to go" she stuttered grabbing her camera bag as she ran out the door "Ell's"  I shouted as I ran down the hallway "Ell's wait please" I said catching up to her as I grabbed her shoulder, she turned around mascara running down her face "What?" she sniffled "What could you possibly have to say?" her tone sounding more angered she always used to pretend to be mad at me but this was anger at its purest and it was hard to see her like this, "I missed you" I whispered hoping she wouldn't hear, it was the only thing I had been thinking about the whole time I had been away.

"You missed me?" she replied rolling her eyes "Don't you think I missed you Luke you left me you left me without a single phone call or text to tell me where you were, so don't tell me you missed me If you have no clue how much I missed you" she shouted as her back slowly slid down the wall, this wasn't the first time I had seen her cry and I really wished it was the last.

*

We were standing beside Ell's locker she was replacing the memory in her camera the frame of her glasses was slowly sliding down her face but she didn't seem to care her hair was in a messy ponytail that framed her face perfectly she was one of those girls that no one could ever hate except for one person before I could react to what happened Elle had bolted down the hallway her camera was smashed to pieces on the floor and there was the mean girl herself Candice.

She hated Elle it was just jealousy but Elle didn't think so I didn't think twice before I ran down the hallway barging through the crowd of people and making my way to the fountain it was her calm place the place she would go for inspiration or just silence and there she was her hands covering her face as her sobs continued to spill out I had never seen her cry and I hated it.

I lifted her onto my lap as she continued to sob into my shoulder this was the first time I prayed I knew it was religious thing and it was for my benefit but I prayed, I prayed that she would never cry again or ever feel pain.

*

But here I was sitting in front of the person I prayed for it would be easy to blame everything else for this but it wasn't fair to blame anyone else but myself the silence continued for a while it was slightly awkward since the only thing I could think of doing is hugging her but that couldn't happen my eyes darted in the direction of her camera bag "Ell's" I whispered my gaze never leaving the bag "Hmmm" she responded her face never looking up from her hands "I'm so sorry....I knew it would hurt you when I left but some part of me thought it would be easier to just leave and not say goodbye and I know I'm fucked up for doing that but..."

"But what Luke?....you were going to leave anyways you might as well have told me then instead of just leaving me to think it was my fault?".

"I couldn't If I did I knew you would tell me to stay..." I stated trailing off.

Her crying began to turn to sobs "You promised me Luke you promised" her hands were shaking as her breathing now sounded like gasps for air "Elle" she didn't listen as her breathing got louder and that was it she was now laying limp on the floor.

I was listening to my 'sad playlist' for inspiration for this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it please give me feedback and don't forget to vote and comment ily xx