Polaroid📷~9

Elle*

The potent smell of bleach made it harder for me to focus on packing my things, it wasn't even an hour since being discharged and the cleaners were already 'sanitising' the room for the next patient, well I wasn't even really packing it was more just me throwing things into the suitcase my mother brought me just before I left for University the sudden memory made me drop the shampoo that was in my hand its ingredients pouring out everywhere.

*

"I can't believe it.." my mother sighed disrupting me from my focus I had gained whilst packing "my girls going to UCLA" she now whispered, looking over I could see her tears on the verge of falling.

"Mummm don't cry you're going to make me cry" I whispered pulling her into a hug after a few minutes we pulled apart, she wiped her eyes with her fingers making sure not to smudge her already smudged makeup after quickly pulling herself back together she smiled, "Look at me i'm such an idiot anyways do you need help packing?" she asked looking over at me as I finally zipped up my bag, I dusted my pants as I looked over at the now full suitcase "I think i'll be...crap I forgot something wait a second" I exclaimed my mothers eyebrows furrowed as she watched me grab the small but important Polaroid with the words Promise engraved at the bottom from my memory board.

"Are you sure you want to take that sweetie?" she muttered, I knew I should just leave it behind like he did to me.

"Yeah I Should, It's just.." I sighed turning to my mother tears glazing over my eyes her confused expression now turning softer though she didn't move from her spot "We were supposed to go together you know we were supposed to have this amazing time in LA, Yeah we would have to make friends but we would always have each other and now I won't and I justtt thoughtt may-maybe if I bought this with me it would be like he still was" I whispered trembling the last few words out as yet again more tears cascaded down my face.

*

My stare remained on the blanket placed on the cheap fold out lounge as the cleaners wiped up the mess and as my mother continued packing, "Would you like the blanket love?" the nurse asked the blanket now in her hand, I hated making eye contact so I just nodded as she passed me the blanket "thank you" I whispered bringing the blanket into an embrace the smell of Luke covered every fibre of the blanket lightly smiling I stood up with my finally packed suitcase and made my way out of the hospital.

The ride home was quiet the only noise heard was the vibration of the wind against the car windows, I closed my eyes with the blanket still covering me as I leaned my head onto the window it wasn't the fact that I was tired it was just a way of passing time we eventually arrived home my mother didn't have to tell me I could tell by the numerous coloured flowers and the even more exposed then last time bricks.

Before I could even step on the hardwood floors I felt my fathers embrace I was bit taken back but he was always the more concerned one if I got hurt or was sick.

When I was seven I used to ride my bike excessively in the colder sack of my street, one day I decided that it would be fun to ride with my eyes closed it wasn't a good idea since I ran into my next door neighbours letterbox and was left with a small graze on my forehead but my father treated it like It was more than a minor concussion he even called the ambulance. I laughed at him when the ambulance wouldn't take me he was on the verge of crying.I would forever remember that day.

Smiling out of my fathers embrace I made my way to my room.

Charging my phone I decided to grab food when I walked back up to my room the snacks on the verge of falling were thrown onto my bed as I checked my phone to see numerous calls from Hoeg, He knew I was in hospital what could he be calling me about it must be urgent, Is it about Luke did something happen to Luke? numerous thoughts went through my head that I didn't even realise I had called Hoeg back.

"Elle? Elle? Are you there?" I heard a serious voice on the other line.

"Yes I'm here, whats wrong?".

"Nothings wrong, I just wanted to ask you something?" his voice becoming much more calmer.

I nodded like an idiot instead of actually speaking but he still continued as if he read my mind.

"The managing crew, myself and the boys of five seconds of summer were wondering if you would like to come with us on a worldwide tour and take photos of every venue, behind the scenes etc.?".

I couldn't stop shaking I always wanted to travel the world "Oh my god are you serious yes, when do we leave?".

"Sometime next week, great then I will tell the manager and the boys I'll text you the further info later".

"Okay thank you Hoeg" I exclaimed hanging up the phone.

I sighed laying on my bed a goofy smile spread across my face until sudden realisation hit me I'd be seeing Luke everyday for who knows how long my heart started beating faster, would I be able to do this.

"What have I done".

Heyyyy I finally updated aren't you proud and I don't think it's been over a month yet I really hope you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts anyways ily hope you have a great day. Yeah