Chapter 7 - First date appropriate...?

"Has anybody ever told you that your eyes are really pretty?"

Jason asks flirtatiously. I feel myself blushing, and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Well... no, they haven't."

Comes my bashful reply. Jason makes some remark about how surprising that is, and then starts telling me about his college in Nashville.

I smile irrepressibly the entire time. Jason's whole presence brings that upon me, with his out of control happiness over everything, and excitable way of talking. I notice how unique his eyes are, a dark shade of hazel, overflowing with innocence. His fine blonde hair has a slight curl to it, and looks almost white in the bright sunlight pooling in through the windows of the cafe.

"-so I only really get to visit my family twice a year since they moved here, but that just makes it all the better when I do see them."

Jason finishes his speech, taking a sip of hot chocolate and grinning at me. His bright eyes are surrounded by smile lines, and he has a single dimple on his left cheek, making his smile all the more irresistible.

We finish brunch, and Jason wraps his arm around my shoulders as we walk to his car. He stands just taller than me, at around 5'11". Our conversation flows extraordinarily easily, as if we're old friends, and it feels completely natural to rest my head on his shoulder.

Jason opens the car door for me, then clambers into the drivers seat. As the car pulls out of the cafe, we find ourselves singing along to the radio together, and I wonder to myself why it took so long for me to find such a great guy.

Ten minutes later, we're standing outside my front door saying goodbye. The familiar butterflies in my stomach start fluttering when Jason takes my face in one hand and leans in. Closing my eyes, I hold my breath in anticipation as I feel his soft lips press against mine, for a few brief moments. He lingers for a couple more seconds before slowly moving away, never breaking eye contact.

"Hey, wanna come in?"

Is the only thing I can think to say. Jason seems slightly taken aback, and as I see his cheeks flushing I wonder if I'm rushing into things.

"I mean... you don't have to, it's fine."

I stutter quickly, but Jason replies with a faultless smile.

"No, Taylor, that sounds great."

So we walk in and I pour us both some coffee as Jason takes a seat on the couch.

For the twenty or so minutes in which we're talking, I can't keep my eyes from wandering all over him, and an unknown, amorous feeling engulfs me. Knowing full well that Jason is in the middle of a sentence, I set my mug down and lean into him. His words trail off as his eyes meet mine, and without a second thought we fall into each other.

He seems at a loss of what to do as our lips connect once again, so I help him out by taking his hand and leading it to the small of my back. Gripping his soft hair, I clamber on top of him, my fingers fiddling with his shirt buttons. My heart fights against my chest as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a loving hug, his lips drifting to my neck.

Only he could make a situation like this adorable, I think as he leans heavily against me.

His chest rises and falls steadily as I nuzzle into him, enjoying the feeling of his warm lips on my neck. Even though I've only know Jason for a day or two, I've already figured out that he's a lot of talk but not a lot of do, so I'm going to have to control myself and take this slowly.

So, ignoring my natural instincts to rip his shirt right off his body, I ever so slowly trace my hands down his front, undoing the buttons incredibly gently as Jason breathes deeply onto my neck.

"Mm, Taylor..."

Well, that wasn't difficult, I think as I hear his charming murmuring into my neck.

I finally get his shirt undone, and prise myself off of him long enough to slide it out from under his body. Jason gives me little to no time to lay back down on him before he's leaned forward, pushing me onto the soft surface of the couch. A small gasp escapes my lips as he starts to kiss my chest, being sure to slowly edge his way further and further down me.

Soon there's nowhere left for him to explore, so after a quick seductive glance, he lifts my shirt over my head, sending bubbles of excitement racing through me.

His hands find my left wrist and he presses it onto the couch's surface, leaving me in a very vulnerable position. Intrigued, I watch as his eyes scan my body hungrily, before he leans down to leave a trail of small pecks along my stomach.

I giggle girlishly as he reaches my bellybutton, and he grins up at me playfully before kissing it as well.

I lose track of time as Jason continues to seduce me, his body more impressive than I could have ever expected. His chest is strong and sturdy and supports me easily as I latch onto him, enjoying the waves of pleasure coursing through me as he sighs my name for a final time.

"That was amazing, baby."

He breathes once more as I lay down against him.

We're both bundled up together in one duvet, our limbs intertwined, with huge, satisfied smiles spread across our faces. Although I don't quite remember when we came up to my bedroom, I still feel better than ever as I cuddle up to his bare chest. Jason has one hand resting on my head, combing through the blonde strands sprawled messily across the pillow.

It can't be any later than 4, but we're both too exhausted to care, and we end up laying there together for quite some time, giggling and flirting like teenagers. But knowing what a respectable guy Jason is, I expect him to eventually leave and go back to his own house for the night. I mean, it is only the first date, even though what we just did maybe wasn't the most appropriate first-date activity...

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, princess."

Just as I'm thinking that, he plants an adoring kiss on my forehead, before the bed rises and the door clicks shut, symbolizing that he's left the room.

Immediately, I crawl out from under the hot covers and spread myself out across the bed, my arms and legs spread wide so I resemble a starfish, and grin to myself.

A cool house, a cute pet, an amazing boyfriend, friendly neighbors...

I count down the long list of things I'm most grateful for, smiling to myself as I drift off to sleep.

* * *