Chapter 1

The engines of the bikes roar pass my house. The bike gang, Death's Vengeance, was riding out of town. This time I was not happy,like the rest of the town, that they were leaving.
The boy that grew up next door, would be in the back. He became a member just two days before.
The club leaves for periods at a time. I sometimes wish I could go with them, to get away from my life. I could let the wind blow my hair free an my worries away. But, I couldn't I had made a promise to that boy riding away. I would stay here a watch his parents for him an be a good girl for him.
It was all he asked from me, he thought that my heart wanted to stay here safe away from harm. But, it's was with him, riding out of this small town.
I got off my bed and walked to my bedroom window. He drove past without even looking towards me. I felt my chest tighten. I watched until I could no longer see the black specks of their vest in the horizon

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Five years later*

I smile at Mr. Black, his mind may be going but his humor was still there. His sixty-four year old, but still strong, hand grasp mine as he smiles back at me. Though his last words made me smile his next question makes it disappears. "How is my boy Joey?"
I look down at our joined hands, " I'm sorry Jerry, no one has heard from him in fives years since he left."
He squeezes my hand,"That boy always running away from problems. He'll be back. I promise you that. He'll eventually face his fears."
"What would he fear then?"I ask looking up at him
"Who are you? Do you know where Lara went?" he ask an my hearts drops.
Though, today was a good day he recognized me an we have been talking for an hour.
I pick up my bag and smile at Jerry," I'll see if I can find Laura." I walk out of the room' looking for myself.
I walk into Mr. Black's house thirty minutes later. I see the loving smile of Mr. Black's wife, Jenny. She said that at the age of Sixty -one she was still too young to be called "Mrs."
I smell her made from scratch food in the air. My mouth began to water. I had skipped breakfast this morning and it was now closing in on three. I walk to the kitchen. The walls were painted an off white with sunflowers hand painted on the walls, that she had painted when her and Jerry hand moved in as newlyweds.
I came by at least once a week to visit Jenny. She was always cooking. She sent me home with a ton of food after every visit.
I stop, seeing a man clad in leather pants and a tight shirt, tattoos covering most of his body.
His brown hair brushes his shoulders. The tattoos on his arms black outlined with some color. His brown eyes look over me.
I tug on the end of my old grey sweater. The jeans I have on are well worn and my shoes have seen better days.
Jenny smiles "My boy is back."
I smile an nod to the man," Joseph, how have you been?"
He sets his feet on the dinner table," Just fine, Kid, just fine."
I glare at him," I'm not a kid,Joseph. I may have been when you left five years ago. I may have been sixteen when you left but I managed my responsibilities an didn't run. So, don't call me kid again, Mr. Black."
He slowly takes his feet off of the table an sets them on the floor. His body screamed danger. He towers over me when he stands up. I stand as well, hoping that he wouldn't be as intimidating.
I knew that the boy I grew up with would never raise his hand to me. But, I had no idea what the man standing in front of me would do.
I look up into his eyes that are boring into me. "Maybe I shouldn't have left a child with such a responsibility as keeping an eye on my parents."
It came out of no where. The wooden spoon smacked him right on his shoulder. He didn't even flinch. He turned to his mother.
She was glaring at him," Joseph Marcus Black, how dare you speak to her that way. You may have left with her being a child but she took your place while you where gone. Especially , after your father started to get sick. She visits him two or three times a month. She was here while you were doing God knows what. So, you will treat the women with respect like I raised you or you will be silent when she is near."
Joseph looks at me an glares. I feel a smirk on my lips
He kisses his mother's cheek an walks out of the house. I glare at the door he left out, that was not the boy that left on a bike five years ago. That was a dangerous man.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I leave the Jenny at home around six that night. She had made sure I had some chicken soup, she had made, in a bowl.
I had began to feel sick around an hour ago. I must have been coming down with something.
I walk to my car quickly opening the door.
I had moved out of my parents my house. After thier divorce. I didn't want to pick sides so I just don't talk to either.
It was a fifteen minute drive to my apartment. I had stopped at a red light when a bike pulled up next to me.
There was a tap on my passenger side window. I ignored it. If Joseph was anything like the others I didn't want anything to do with whoever it was.
The light turned green an I began my take off when the bike revved up and pulled in front of me.
I slammed on my brakes, slightly sliding, when the bike came to an abrupt stop. I sat in my car as I watched the Biker lift one of his legs bringing it over the bike. My heart starts to pound against my chest.I was in the rough part of town, it was the only place I could afford an apartment.
The biker turned around an my heart stopped it was Lucas the President of Death's Vengeance. I rolled down my window as he approaches. He leans into the window," Hey, Babe do you know where I could find Reaper?"
I look at Lucas," Lucas, first of all I'm not 'babe', I'm Laura. We went to the same high school. I have no idea who Reaper is and will you please leave I'm tired an just want to get home."
Lucas smiles,"Shit, I forgot, I'm looking for Joseph, he is known as Reaper in the Club . So, have you seen him?" I shake my head," Okay, thank you Laura. I hope to be seeing you around."
I smile an nod my head. Lucas walks back to his bike and mounts it. He revves the engine taking off down the road.
I begin the last five minutes drive to my house. When I pull into the building's parking lot there is a bike in my usual spot so I park beside it. I look at my apartment an see lights on. I have a guess of who that could be.
I turn off my car an slowly get up, walking up the stairs to 12B. It was a run down apartment built it the seventies an probably never had a makeover. The apartment was located right in the middle of a rather shady neighborhood.
I grab the door handle an walk in my ratty apartment. I knew it would be unlocked. The door had never locked an I couldn't afford to buy one.
The figure on my couch didn't bother to turn around. His brown hair was disheveled an looked like it needed to be brushed. I set down my bag by the door. I walk to my refrigerator an open it, setring the bowl of chicken soup on a shelf.
I walk to the cabinet and smile when I open it, cup Ramen Noodles. I quickly grab and open the container, walk to the sink then walk to the microwave a set it in there for five minutes. I walk to stand in front of my t.v.
Joseph looks at me.
" Hey, Baby Doll, mind moving?" He say trying to see around my small box T.V.
I cross my arms an hold my ground." What is up with Bikers calling me pet names? My name is fucking Laura. Oh,dip shit Lucas is wondering where you are. Now, will you leaving my fucking apartment?"
Joseph stiffen an looks me in the eyes," Little Girls shouldn't say such nasty words," He stands up and walks over to me, stopping right in front of me'" Maybe I should wash out that pretty little mouth of yours."
I push him back looking at his face. He had a scar above his right eyebrow, it must have been deep when he got it.
"You will not wash my mouth out with soap, you will leave my apartment right fucking now." I say,crossing my arms.
He leans down an whispers in my ear,"Who said anything about soap?"
I raise my hand and slap him," I am not some whore that rides with your gang. You will treat me with the respect I deserve,Black, now leave my apartment or I am telling your mother." I say through clenched teeth
He looks at me dazed then a smirks gracing his lips," Oh, Babydoll, I'll leave, but I"ll be back because I came back for something and I'm not leaving here without it."
He walks out the door an I just stare at the closed door a few minutes after he left.
I walk to my kitchem an grab my ramen out of the microwave. I begin to eat it sitting down, watching a few movies before eventually falling asleep.

Edited:May 15,2018
Let me know in the comments if you find any mistakes.