Chapter 9

Karma's point of view

I woke up to a dizzy feeling and the loud chirping of those stupid birds. I got off my couch and saw that my fall Saturday morning was cloudy. It was 7 AM, and I was more or less content with where I was. I brewed some coffee, not because I like it, but because of the kick it gives me. I sat at my kitchen counter, calmly. I looked over to the was to see a small spot of dried up blood.

Suddenly the events of the night prior hit me. Jumping up, abandoning my coffee, I sprint to my room, but calm myself down at the door, not to wake him up. I walked in, and opened my blinds a bit. I walked over to Nagisa, who's long hair was all tangled up and had some dry tear streaks on his face. I wiped his dry tears and let my hands brush his cheek.

"Nagisa, it's time to get up now."

His pale complexion was shining in the light from outside. His sharp red eyes opening and looking at me. But a small gasp left his mouth, and buried himself under my covers.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I simply poked the lump under my covers, which had gone into fetus position as of this very moment. I got on the floor, and was on perfect eye level with my mattress. Slowly lifting up my comforter, Nagisa's small face came into view. I simply grabbed his hand, and placed it in the crook of my neck to heat it up. His cold hand sent a shiver down my spine but I managed. Nagisa just stared however. Not in a menacing way, but in more of an amazed way.

Suddenly, he pulled me into an embrace. His small arms found themselves on my neck, and the sudden contact made me fall over.

"Thank you, Karma."

I felt as if I could cry right there. Here I was, crushing on my best friend, and now he's hugging me? I thought he'd let go after a little while, but he just stayed there. And I stayed there too. I just stared up at the ceiling and felt his hands in my hair. I looked down after a while, and saw that he had been looking at me the whole time. I lightly cupped his cheek, and leaned in.

Now, my original plan was to kiss him, but I thinking I'd be moving too fast if I did that. Simply placed my forehead on his, and whispered two simple words.

"I'm here."

And then I heard nothing but the sound of teardrops hitting my floor. I opened my eyes, and saw him nod in response. Oh Nagisa, what a hell you must've gone through.

I gently grabbed his head and let him rest in the crook of my neck. I swayed from side to side, and hummed a comforting melody.

After a little while, he sat up straight with his hands on my shoulders.

"Now, I know you have a lot of questions, and I may not be able to answer them all, but I can try."

How? How is he able to pick himself up that quickly? How can he just cry and run and then pick up the pieces and make something out of it? He isn't strong, and it's easy to knock him down, but he just keeps getting up. I myself am very different. Knocking me down is difficult, not impossible, but difficult. If you were to knock me down, I have no idea how long it'd take for me to pick up the pieces and move on.

But as of right now, I have one urgent question to ask him.

"Nagisa, are you okay?"

_______

AAAAAAAH I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER IM SO SORRY I HAD SO MANY TESTS AND EDITING TO DO SINCE VINE IS BEING SHUT DOWN, IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG AND THANK YOU FOR 2K IT MEANS A LOT TO ME!

Catch yo bitchass later,

Fairy