Chapter 26

The two couldn't help but smile at that, as they struggled to climb into their teacher's uniform. Karma gave Ritsu the address to their destination, Korosensei humming at his choice.

"I see, a rural town in another prefecture was it? Splendid! So secluded, you'll never be found!!"

He confidently declared Karma stretching his hand out to knock on one of the wooden desks, just in case.

"Karma, why here of all places?"

Nagisa questioned, eagerly wanting to know, curiously looking up at his partner.

"It's uh... it's where my grandparents live. They've always been my closest family and uh..."

He stole a quick glance at Nagisa, who'd been staring and intently listening the entire time.

"... if there's anyone in my family I'd want you to meet, it'd be them."

He sheepishly finished, Nagisa huddling closer to the boy. Korosensei started flight, the Tokyo city lights at New Years keeping the city illuminated, even if it was well past 1 am.

Flying over the mountains, the train tracks, small towns, villages, rice fields, they reached their destination within around 5 minutes.

The lights were still on, and the house was massive. The two were not only filthy, but also covered in blood. Their clothes were ripped up as well, and they both had the looks of corpses on their faces.

"I trust you two can handle it from here?"

The octopus asked, Karma nodding at his comment.

He flew off, and the pair were left alone once more. Turning to face the house, they made their way up the path to the front door.

Nagisa was unsure what to do, but Karma ended up taking a deep breath and banging on the door.

After about a minute or so, the shuffling of someone's footsteps could be heard in front of the door.

There stood a slender woman, with clear white hair loosely held back with a floral hairpin. She had sharp green eyes, but Nagisa could still tell the resemblance she shared with Karma. She had a composed and stoic look on her face, until she saw who she was looking at.

She had a short gasp, and only stared at Karma, her eyes darting all over his face. She was sharply looking into his eyes, the shock not being noticeable in the rest of her face, but clearly to be seen in the look in her eyes, widely staring at her grandson.

They were interrupted by a voice within the house.

"Sakaki! Who was at the door? Did the Kitashirakawa's come to do New Years greetings at this hour?"

The woman, named Sakaki, slowly turned her head back toward the house, eyes still wide.

"Reijirou!! Get over here now!!"

Her voice raised into the house, Karma tensing at it. He'd never once heard his grandma raise her voice.

Suddenly, Karma could feel a wave of panic hit him. His grandmother was still yelling into the house, trying to convince her husband to come to the door. Karma realized then that he'd brought his vampiric boyfriend with him. Karma hadn't come out to anyone except Kaede Kayano and inadvertently Nagisa. He had come out to his entire class on a high of adrenaline just an hour before, but he was on such an adrenaline rush he couldn't bring himself to get nervous and overthink it. These were his grandparents. The only people who could possibly take the two in undetected, and what if they didn't approve of their relationship? Of his sexuality? Let alone the condition he's currently in?