Chapter 24

Karma's eyes slowly opened. His light tint of apricot had faded away, for his eyes turned from Nagisa's beloved sunrise to sunset. The bullet wound in his stomach started to close up and he was slowly feeling better, to his shock.

All of these feelings were clouded however.

I told him that I loved him.

I thought I was going to die so I abandoned my pride and told him and now I'm still alive.

Damn.

Now I really want to die.

His eyesight regained focus and he could clearly make a picture of Nagisa's tear-soaked face. He was looking down at him, his hair a mess hanging down in his face, eyes widely staring at Karma in anticipation.

Karma thought it was cute how worried Nagisa was over him, he didn't say a word, he was holding his breath and he could see how his eyes were darting all around his face looking for a sign of life.

Karma stretched out his arm and poked him in the nose and smiled up at him.

"You saved me."

Karma smiled warmly, Nagisa audibly gasping at the sudden contact as well as the anticipation of waiting for Karma to say something.

"You wouldn't have needed saving if it wasn't for me."

Nagisa said under his breath, the self-loathing clearly burning in his voice.

"You still saved me though."

Karma teased, still smiling. Nearly dying and making the split second decision to confess your love, then proceeding to not die because you turned into some kind of vampire hybrid will send anyone into a high of sorts. Sadly voices began to cut through his euphoria, his hearing was fully coming back.

"Step away from the human, monster!"

The soldiers continued to yell, Nagisa disgustedly looking up at them and squinting at the bright lights shining on him.

"Human?"

Karma's mocking tone echoed through the alley. He slowly crept up onto his feet, wiping the blood off his chin, Nagisa supporting him by holding his arm.

"There are two monsters in this alleyway buddy. But if you ask me, the real monsters are the ones pointing guns at kids."

Karma's mocking continued, the soldiers becoming progressively more annoyed at his attitude.

"I can agree with that statement."

A familiar voice echoed from the rooftops.

"Yeah I very much second that one."

Another one echoed. Sounds and hums of agreement were heard from above, everyone's eyes looking up, but still blinded by the bright lights.

Suddenly a swarm of gray flew down from the rooftops. There stood the entirety of 3-E, forming a wall around their classmates.

"You'd better back down assholes, we don't take very lightly towards hurting and nearly killing our own."

Kayano said in a serious tone. Her eyes filled with hatred but it was obvious she was looking down at the soldiers.

"Yeah, it's not like you can shoot all of us, but if you even shoot one of us there will be hell to pay."

Rio smugly commented, flipping her blonde hair back.

"Actually according to my calculations, they can actually shoot all of us."

Ritsu piped up from someone's pocket.