Chapter 11

Karma's point of view

Sunday passed by casually. Nothing strange in particular, it was just the two of us. But that evening, the most highly anticipated moment of my day was about to commence.

I walked into my room, where Nagisa was reading through my textbook. Due to his current circumstances we agreed that he shouldn't go to school. It was dangerous. The way his blue hair and red eyes contrast each other sticks out like a sore thumb, so we voted against it. But Nagisa is so dead set on learning anyways that he's studying the English paragraph that we'll be handling in class tomorrow. He noticed me standing in the doorway, so he put the book down and got out of my bed. He walked up to me, and stood right in front of me.

"Nagisa, we should do it now." I told him, trying to hide every last sign of excitement. He nodded, and I bent down to meet him so he wouldn't have to strain to kiss me, I mean, to have a drink. Never mind, kiss me sounds better.

He looked away blushing, obviously nervous about this. We did it yesterday, but it was less awkward since he was asleep and I may or may not have forced a bloody kiss on him.

His crimson gaze met mine, and we froze for a second. Silence. I heard nothing, I felt nothing, I smelt nothing. All I tasted was his tongue in my mouth and the slight taste of my blood. All I saw were Nagisa's shut eyes. And it overwhelmed me. He's a lot more experienced than me in this category and I'm trying my damned hardest not to let it show. But right now, in this very moment, my senses came back to me. I felt him breath out through his nose. I heard the cars outside. I smelt him. He was right there. What they say about Irina Jelević's kissing technique is true.

It will make you fall to your knees.

"Karma! Are you okay?!" Nagisa's worried voice cut through my haze.

"Yeah, don't worry about it snake boy, it's just professor Bitch's kissing technique making me go weak in the knees is all!" I let out a nervous chuckle, attempting to hide my amazement. How does someone do that?

"Oh, really? You think so?" He sheepishly responded. I simply nodded. "Thank god that's all it was." He said, as he threw me one of the worst curve balls I've ever received by laying his head down on my shoulder. His right hand rested on my chest, which made me quite nervous. He probably feels my outrageous heart beat banging against my rib cage. His left hand was on the ground, but quickly found itself on my waste.

"Are you, Nagisa Shiota, trying to cuddle with me by chance?" I asked, my shit eating grin plastered on my good for nothing face. His response is what really peaked my interest though.

It was pretty hard to decipher what he had been trying to say. He shot backwards, an apparent blushing mess, and the following string of words came out of his mouth:

"I... Well I... Just y'know... Just like... I don't know... Like... Like ..."

He quickly put himself back together however.

"I, yeah. I guess I more or less wanted to cuddle. I thought that maybe it'd c-calm you down and all, s-since you were so flustered and stuff."

My grin morphed into a smirk. God my little blueberry is so entertaining. I wanted to keep prying, but then I saw his eyes. His red eyes were completely dead. He looked devastated, and guilty.

"I just wanted to make sure you were alive."

The Next Day

I was walking up the mountain for class. My strange conversation with Nagisa still resonating with me. 'Make sure I was alive' what was that supposed to mean?

I sat down in my seat. Kayano came up to me with a worried look on her face.

"Have you heard anything from Nagisa by chance?"

"No." I coldly replied. I know exactly how to act in this situation. My voice needs to sound worried, but with a shitty mask of I don't care pasted over it.

"Are you worried about him?" She asks.

Bingo. Gotcha.

"Well yeah he's my best friend and no one has heard from him in such a long time, of course I'm worried." My replies were perfectly acted out. Nothing could shake me.

"And did you hear? About Nagisa's mom I mean."

What. What happened? Now I'm curious.

"No, what happened?!" My voice was overcome with worry and curiosity. The shitty mask has broken.

"Supposedly, Nagisa's mother, Hiromi, was found in critical condition in her home. She's stable now, but in coma. Nagisa is also nowhere to be found!"

Why the hell did he not fill me in on this detail?

"Not anymore." Karasuma's cold voice cuts through our conversation, home room had started and everyone had been listening to me and Kayano talking.

"Yes, for those of you who don't know, Hiromi Shiota was found in critical condition in her apartment Friday evening. Nagisa was missing, and Ms. Shiota was in a coma for two days. She woke up yesterday evening, and filled us in on an important detail."

"Nagisa attacked his mother and fatally wounded her Friday afternoon and left the scene. As Ms. Shiota described it, he was attempting to bite her. This sighting has been linked to numerous complaints about certain blood loss."

Oh no.

"Vampires roam the streets of Tokyo and are a threat to us. We must capture them before more harm is done."

Jesus Christ Nagisa. Why didn't you tell me about the gravity of this situation?

Nagisa.

"What the fuck did you do?!"

I yelled, my voice cutting through the silence of my apartment.

________

Hehehehehehehheheehehhehehehehehehehheeee

Longer update than usual bc I was gonna update on Valentine's Day but didn't. I'm the worst

Have a terrible life wondering what's next, bye!

Fairy