Chapter 22

Surprise bitch, thought you'd seen the last of me? Yeah, I'm back, still no excuses, just having trouble putting all these ideas into words.

Happy reading and I'll see you in the next millennium, bye!
____

Nagisa didn't have time to decide whether the feeling he felt was his heart dropping or beating out of his chest. He hadn't the time to consider it, everything felt like an ugly blur of panic and confusion. It's New Year's Eve, Karma went out to buy food for the both of them, and now this is happening. Did he get jumped? Followed? Nagisa's mind was racing as he ran to Karma's bedroom.

There he stood in front of the opened window. The cold December air brushed against his nose, he hadn't been outside in weeks. Though most would be thankful for this touch of fresh air, Nagisa Shiota was too busy fearing for his and Karma's life to notice.

His mind begins to dwell on vampires in the movies, some vampire he's supposed to be. Agile, maybe? Could he really jump from a 4th-floor bedroom window to the roof of the next building? If I fall my wounds will heal. If I fall my wounds will heal. He kept repeating to himself, blood rushing to his head in panic.

The sound of the front door being pushed open was heard behind him. The shock made his stomach jump, and so did he.

He leaped.

For a moment, lasting only a couple seconds, Nagisa was in the air, drifting above the city. He could see it all before him; the lights of the many bars and restaurants open on this New Year's Eve. The people out on the street so their traditional clothing, visiting the shrines, spending time with their family, friends, maybe even lovers. For a moment, his mind drifted off to a city where he could roam about in peace and enjoy this night. Enjoy it with his friends, enjoy it with E-Class and korosensei. Enjoy it with Karma.

The second his feet hit the ground those thoughts were torn away from him. The adrenaline and panic mixed and he started running, his vampiric powers kicking in whenever he leaped over a building. That wonder of the city, those lights, they were all beneath him. When he looked up all he saw was the crescent moon beaming back at him.

Karma Akabane was lost in panic and fear. He was walking home through the crowds when he noticed some suspicious men following him. When he lost their tail through back alleys and side streets he arrived at his apartment to see many more men in front of his door. There's only one thing they could be here for. His thoughts rushed.

The men kept it short and showed him their search warrant. He couldn't resist them. He couldn't fight them. As he walked up the stairs his thoughts went to Nagisa. What was he doing right now? Watching TV on his couch? Cleaning? Cooking? Napping? Who is to say. His thoughts dwell to their secret code.

Approaching the door he drops his keys. As he goes to pick them back up he sheepishly apologizes, saying he was nervous around so many armed men. Though it's true he was nervous, these men were carrying large machine guns and other pistols with them, he would have never let those nerves show so easily.

He opens the door to find that Nagisa isn't in the living room. He is relieved, but that relief doesn't stay for long. The men begin tearing apart his house, their house. The house in which Nagisa and he had spent a comfortable time there, a time now shattered forever.

Suddenly a yell is heard from his bedroom. A man had noticed that Karma's bedroom window was open. They began to question him, their venomous voices piercing the once comforting air that resides there.

"This old house gets quite stuffy, you know?" he answered sheepishly, not a complete lie though one to cover his ass. The men didn't buy it.

The men begin booking it out of his house, repeating into radio's that 'the monster' had escaped through the window. The stomping of their boots echoed through the hallways. Yeah

Silence.

Silence filled the house.

Karma's entire body caught up with him, he began breathing heavily and his entire body was shaking with tears.

Why must I have a panic attack now of all times!?

He cursed himself, forcing his distraught brain to work with him.

Nagisa is a smart guy. He could make it to the mountains no problem. He won't get caught.

As rationally as he tried to think. He couldn't help but worry. Those men and their guns. Would they shoot him if they found him?

Suddenly a vivid image entered his mind. It was Nagisa, shot through his chest, falling to the ground like a flower in the rain. His blue hair a mess on the ground, eyes closed. Dead.

As a vampire, this should be impossible, but then a much worse fate awaits him. Fate in a laboratory picked apart and dissected in the name of science. Cold and alone.

All these thoughts didn't help Karma's panic one bit, but it sure lit a fire of determination under his ass.

Abandoning the soldier's words, he takes the fire escape to get downstairs and runs through the back alleyway. Passing the dumpsters, passing the graffiti, passing this place that was once their home.

The rain began to fill the air, the same way it had when he first saw Nagisa in this new form he had taken.

Nagisa was still hopping over the rooftops when the sounds of a search helicopter filled the air. He needed to get off the rooftops as quick as he could.

His head hovers over an alley, completely dark and silent. He slowly climbs down using a gutter and starts running through the alleys. So many curving backstreets, like a maze without light. His thoughts were even more tangled than his hair, and his thoughts dwell over to Karma. He must be worried. Or maybe he isn't. Finally having that leech gone and out of the way might be nice for him right?

Nagisa was self-deprecating when his worst nightmare popped up to stab him in the gut. He reached an open space, bright white lights shining in his face.

An ambush.
_______

Haha, cliffhanger? Again? Don't worry guys, this one doesn't have a 6-month wait after it, matter of fact the new chapter is all ready to go.

I just want to build up hype.

I also enjoy watching you all suffer.

Your tears are delicious

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Your tears are delicious.

- Fairy

his bottom lip.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें