3

I'm sorry, I just had to... ⬆️

Percy's POV:

The Avengers and Fury had taken me into an interrogation room to talk with Natasha.
"Hello." She said.
I nodded to her.
"I'm just going to ask you a few questions, is that okay?"
"Do I have a choice?"
She laughed a little. "I'm going to ask them anyway." She replied.
"Then yes, it's okay." I told her, smiling.
She laughed again, "Okay Percy," she began. "Do you have any family?"
I hesitated. "I have a mom, a step-dad, and a girlfriend, if she counts." I told her.
Natasha nodded. "Where have you been going these last couple of summers?"
"A camp."
"Where?"
"Can't say."
Natasha looked at me for a second then sighed.  "Why not?" She asked.
"It's not necessarily my secret to tell, and I won't say anything without permission." I replied.
"Whose permission?"
"Can't tell you that either."
"Okay. Then where did you run off to those couple months you were missing?"
"A lot of places." I told her. "I was on the move most of the time. Went to Italy."
"Anywhere else?"
"Yeah," I said, thinking. "Alaska, Canada, Rome..."
"That's pretty far from here." She said. "Especially for a kid who lives in an apartment. No offense kid, but you don't seem like you have the money for that trip. Do you even have a job yet?"
I shook my head. "No, but I've been studying for college lately. My girlfriend wants to go to the same school as me."
"Mind telling me her name?"
I shook my head again.
"Figures." Natasha sighed under her breath. "Well, might as well be straight with you Jackson." She said, looking me in the eyes. "Fury has reason to believe that you are a terrorist. Explain that to me."
"I'm not a terrorist." I told her. "And you wouldn't believe me if I told you what really happened at my schools and why they happened."
"I live with a man who can turn into a green giant, a god, and another who survived being trapped in ice for years. You'd be surprised at what I'd believe."
I just smiled and kept my mouth shut for once in my life.
Natasha sighed again. "Fine." She said. "How have you managed to weasel your way around the police for so long?"
"Because I'm innocent?" I guessed.
She rolled her eyes. "Okay, I'll humor you. They don't know your innocent. How'd you get away?"
"I wasn't trying. I didn't really even think about the police." I replied. It was true, through all the time on all my quests, I'd never once thought the mortal police would be a real threat to me. Not with all the monsters, Giants, and Titans I was fighting.
"I don't know what's crazier," said Natasha. "The fact that you say you ignored the cops chasing you for years, or the fact that I believe you."
I just stared at her, stunned. No one ever believed me.
"Like I said," she told me. "You'd be surprised at what I'd believe kid. I'm good at telling when someone's lying. Your not, but your not telling the full truth."
And with that, she stood, and had me follow her out of the interrogation room and down a long hall.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"Director Fury wants us to test any and all of your abilities." Natasha explained. "Bruce already checked your health, I interrogated you, right now I'm taking you to Steve. He's going to see what you can do."
"What I can do?"
"Your fighting and physical capabilities."
"Oh" I replied, following her into the elevator.
They rode in silence the whole way to the 23rd floor.
When the elevator door opened, Natasha led me down yet another hall and into a large room that reminded me of a gym. There were all kinds of work-out machines and equipment in this gym. I also saw Steve, standing near a few treadmills by the corner of the room.
"Hey." I said.
"Hi." He greeted us, smiling.
Natasha turned to leave. "Your not staying?" I asked.
She smirked. "What, you scared of being alone with Steve?"
"No!" I said quickly.
She just laughed and kept walking towards the exit.
"Okay then," said Steve, and I turned to face him. "Let's get started."