4

Steve's POV:

Not only was Percy fast, but strong and fit too. He didn't seem to break a sweat when Clint came in to help with his 'assessment', or at least that's what Fury called it. The kid was dodging Clint's arrows while fighting with me, (no weapons - my idea, of course).
He was fighting extremely well for someone his age, and even if Clint wasn't really trying to hit him, I had the impression Percy wasn't trying his best either.
"Stop," I said, and Clint ceased fire. "We'll take a break. Water, Percy?"
"Sure." He said, smirking. I wonder why. "Are we going to fight again after this?" He asked me.
I shrugged. "If you still feel up to it. Fury wants to know all your physical capabilities."
"I'm good with that."
I nodded and handed him a water bottle. "Thanks." He said, taking a big drink, and I noticed he stood a little straighter than he had been a minute before.
About five minutes later, we were back to testing him, and he seemed more...energized then before. Faster, stronger even. Clint noticed this and began to fire his arrows faster, and more accurate.
Each time Percy dogged, and each time Clint tried harder, until finally, he aimed like he would do to any criminal, directly at Percy's chest.
I was about to deflect it for Percy, but he did something that surprised all of us. He caught the arrow, just before it imbedded itself into his chest. Percy then turned back to me, catching me off guard, and tripping me, knocking my shield from my hand and placing his forearm on my neck.
"I win." He stated simply, making me laugh.
"Wow kid," I said. "Where'd you learn to do that?"
"Can't tell you." He said, standing and offering me his hand.
"Why not?"
"Ask Natasha." He replied shortly as I stood.
"Okay." I replied, casting a sideways glance at Clint. He shrugged. Thanks a lot.
"I think we're done here." I told Percy.
He nodded to me. "Okay." He replied. "What's next?"
"Next," I explained, as we walked out of the gym and to the elevator. "Clint and I take you upstairs to one of our guest rooms, while we go talk to Fury."
"Then what?" He asked.
"Then we wait and see what Fury makes of you." I replied simply, as the elevator door opened, and I lead Percy out, and into the corridor and towards room 107.
"You'll be staying here for a while," I told him. "So make yourself comfortable."
"Don't tell him that," said Clint from behind me. "He'll just tear the place up."
"No I won't!" Percy defended himself, walking into the room and sitting in a chair at the small, round table.
"Whys there a bed?" He asked.
"Like I told you, this is a guest room. It's meant as a bedroom for people who could be staying overnight. I'm not sure how long you'll be staying, so here you are."
Percy just nodded and looked around as I shut and locked the door.
"Maybe someone should guard the door." Clint said skeptically. "Just in case."
I nodded and told Jarvis to get two guards to watch Percy while we reported to Fury. This was going to be a long day.

Percy's POV:

I was bored out of my skull, and it took everything I had to keep myself from dosing off in the chair. Which, of course, was not my fault. It was a really comfy chair.
I started fiddling with one of my emergency drachmas to pass the time, which was incredibly boring as well.
Walking around the room, I saw a bookshelf filled with all kinds of educational books. All were written in English. Of course.
Just for once in my life, I thought, I'd like to go somewhere and find an awesome book written in Ancient Greek. Is that so hard to ask?
I knew I'd probably never find a book like that, but it was worth a shot, right?
After about an hour, I gave up on trying to find anything fun to do here, and sat back down in the comfy chair. It only took a few more minutes of messing with riptide (in pen form) for me to fall asleep.

~time jump - 2 more hours~

Bruce's POV:

We all sat in our meeting room, discussing what we'd learned about Percy.
"Then he caught the arrow!" Steve was saying. The kid seemed to have fought many times before, but with who? And why?
"Damn." Tony muttered to Thor under his breath, though Thor didn't seemed that surprised at any of Percy's skills.
"What do you think about him Thor?" I asked the god.
Thor looked at me for a minute before answering. "I know of the many things he's done." Thor began carefully. "I already knew of his great power and potential, but he has already suffered, and sacrificed so much, especially for such a young boy."
"Like what?" Natasha asked. Everyone was now looking at Thor.
"That is his story. Not mine." Thor said simply.
"Yeah, well," said Tony. "He's not talking. Hey Thor, do you think you could try getting the kid to tell us if you won't?"
Thor sighed. "I will ask him," he replied. "But I will not trick him, if that is what you are asking of me."
Fury nodded. "Then go now," he said. "Tell Percy who you are and try to get him to tell us who he is."
Thor nodded and walked out of the room, disappearing behind the elevator doors.

Thor's POV:

I walked down the hall and past the guards stationed at Percy's door, knocking on its wooden surface.
"Perseus." I called. "May I come in?"
No answer. I knocked again, this time opening the door a crack, and peering inside.
Walking in all the way and shutting the door, I noticed Percy sitting in a chair, sleeping soundly.
I walked over to him, and noticed he was muttering in his sleep. Something about Tartarus...
"Annabeth..." that was the last thing he said before remaining silent.
I placed a hand on Percy's shoulder and shook him awake. "Perseus." I said.
He slowly lifted his head and opened his eyes, stretching and looking up at me with confusion on his face.
"Hello Perseus." I said. "I am Thor, god of thunder."

Hey guys! I just want to tell you how great full I am for any and all comments and votes in this story. Please continue to make any suggestions and enjoy your reading. Thank you again!