12

Percy's POV:

"Percy," Piper said, walking slowly up to me, "you wouldn't happen to know anything about this...this symbiote, would you?"
I looked at her warily.
"Y-yeah." I replied carefully, thinking up exit strategies in my head. "Bruce told me something about a Venom simbiote."
Piper smiled at me, "Oh," she said. "Come on Perce, tell the truth. You know you can trust me."
I looked over to the others, and saw that Fury's hand was on his side holster. Looking around I saw the others had similar defensive positions.
Piper noticed where I was looking. "Hey," She said, though I didn't look at her. "Percy," she said confidently, "look at me." I did. "Don't worry about them, Percy, they won't hurt you."
"Yeah," I said, relaxing, "they won't hurt me."
Piper smiled, a look of relief in her eyes. She sighed.
"Good," Piper said, and out of the corner of my eye I saw some of the others relax as well. I wondered briefly why they were so tense, everything was fine. Nothing could possibly be better.
"So," Piper continued, once again grabbing my attention. "Do you know anything about the simbiote?"
"I... shouldn't..." I began.
"Percy." She said again. "Just relax, okay?" I nodded, feeling myself slipping into a foggy daze. At first I tried to stay aware of everything around me, but soon found it so tiring. It was so much easier to just let go and listen to her voice. So much easier to do as she said, I wanted to, it made more sense to.
"What are you hiding about the simbiote?" She asked me.
"I have some..." I replied. I thought I heard something, but it was far away, too distant and unimportant to care about. "But it's not Venom. It's something different...something better."
"What is it?" Piper asked, now sounding a bit panicked. I then noticed Bruce and Tony moving around the room, talking to each other. How hadn't I noticed the others before? Jason was right next to Piper, who'd I'd been talking to for....how long have I been here?
I looked around the room in a confused daze, trying to focus on something. What was I doing here again?
Piper seemed to notice this, and placed a hand gently on my shoulder. "Hey," she said, her calming voice acting to relax me. "Just listen to me. Don't worry about any of them. Now what is the new symbiote?"
"It's called Hurricane..." I began. I was about to explain all about what my new friend could do, when it finally reached me through the foggy haze I was in.
Don't listen, it said. The girl's voice is like poison. Every word infecting a new cell. I can help you, I am more than the other symbiotes. I'm smarter, stronger, I can always help you no matter how big or small. She is nothing but a weakness, and we have no room for those.
I realized everyone had stopped again, and were staring at me intently. I shook my head, trying to clear it.
"Per-"
"No!" I cut Piper off as she tried to regain control over me, and took a step away from her. "Stop that!"
I saw Natasha slowly pull out her tranq gun, and noticed the others tensed up forms. I also noticed, for the first time, that Bruce and Annabeth had entered the room.
I blinked bewilderedly at the sad look on Annabeth's face. 
"Annabeth?" I asked. "What's wrong?"
She shook her head. "Percy..." she said, "that symbiote is evil. It's messing with your head, and will make you dangerous." She said, and for the first time since I controlled that poison in Tartarus, she looked scared of me.
"Annabeth," I said, talking a slow step towards her, "I won't hurt you. The symbiote is a good thing. It's only made me stronger." I had to make her understand. "Physically, and mentally. Nothing from Tartarus bothers me anymore. I can think back on all the torture we endured, and I don't feel a thing."
She flinched as I talked about the Hell we'd gone through, but I meant every word I said to her. I had to make her see, to make her understand. I can't be without her. I can't handle her being afraid of me...
Annabeth shuddered and said, "Percy, your not thinking straight. That thing makes you overly aggressive. I need to know if you've hurt anyone."
"Ann-"
"Have you hurt anyone?" She asked again, this time more forcefully.
I looked her in the eyes, and found myself unable to lie to her. "I-I don't know for sure." I replied quietly, trying to remember what had happened in the alley.
"What do you mean you 'don't know'?" She asked, panic clear in her voice.
I sighed. "I just...don't remember." I explained. "I saw a couple being threatened in some alley, then...nothing."
My shoulders slouched and I tried again to remember, only getting more confused, only raising more questions. More questions with no answers.
"Percy, do you have the symbiote now?" Piper asked.
"You don't talk!" I yelled angrily, still trying to figure things out. Calming down, I said, "sorry, I just can't have you in my head too. Not right now." Everything seemed sideways. Nothing making sense like it should have. No one to help me with the answers this time. Not even Annabeth.
"Too?" Bruce asked.
"What?"
"You said, you couldn't have her in your head too. Implying that there is someone, or something else in your head."
Suddenly, my confusion turned to anger. I was furious at him, the seven, the rest of the Avengers, even Fury. I was mad at everyone in this room, and I couldn't hold it in.
I felt Hurricane beginning to crawl up my leg, but nobody had noticed it yet. I glared at Bruce, everything suddenly clear.
"Wait," I said, trying to control my rage, "no, that's not- it's not like that. I just....I don't know..."
"Percy," Leo said, stepping towards me. "Come on man." It was then that he saw the symbiote making it's way over my calf. "Holy.... Guys!"
Hurricane shot up the rest of my leg, preparing to protect me, but before it even got to my waist, Natasha had aimed and fired her gun. For the second time in my life, I felt the pierce of a tranquilizer in my chest, and everything seemed to slow. Dam, this was one heavy sedative.
I felt myself fall, and someone's arms under mine, then everything went black.