22

Jason's POV:

I stared down at Percy.
He'd been through so much, and yet, the blows just kept coming. When was it just going to end? Don't we all deserve a break? That's all we were trying to do!
But no. We can't have a break. We have to constantly fight just to live, and why? Because we were born! We didn't do anything wrong! None of it was our fault! It's all because our parents never learned from their mistakes!
We can't help that! Our only sin has ever been that we backed them up in the wars. That we fought in their name. They don't deserve us. They don't deserve their thrones or our respect.
No. They all deserve to rot in the farthest depths of Tartarus and anyone who follows them deserves the same fate. No matter who. Anyone foolish enough to follow the gods deserves a worse fate than death-
Wait, what?
No. Piper, the rest of the seven, even I follow the gods. Their way is better. What in Hades was I thinking?
"The truth." Came a voice from behind me.
I whipped around to find a fairly tall, slim man standing before me. He had raven-black hair, and venom-green eyes that gleamed with a sense of great mischief.
He wasn't particularly muscular, yet, he was... well defined, wearing green asgardian armor that fit so perfectly it must have been made specifically for him.
"Who are you?" I asked, reached for my sword, only to realize that it was gone.
The green-eyed man smiled and held my own sword out to me.
"Lose something?" He asked, his tone seeming playful. "I know I have."
I took the sword. "Who. Are. You." I repeated, more forcefully.
"Oh, I've been called many different things. Many names and such. Not all of them were good. In fact, most weren't. But that doesn't really matter right now. Right now, I want my symbiotic back. And you're going to give it to me."
I laughed. "Yeah, fat chance of that happening anytime soon."
"Oh?" The strange man gave me a look.
I thought I saw something, something in his eyes, but it must have been a trick of the light. He didn't seem dangerous. In fact, he seemed more friendly than anything else.
Yeah. There wasn't any harm in giving him the symbiote. In fact, that'd probably be even safer than keeping it here.
"Um, yeah." I said. "Follow me, I'll lead you to the symbiote."
The man smiled. "Now, was that really so bad?"
I shook my head. "No sir, not at all."