6

Sorry for the majorly slow update, I've been working on a lot of books at once. Happy belated holidays! Hope you enjoy the book.

Percy's POV:

I can't believe I said that.
It's been half an hour and I still can't believe it. There's no I'll be able to sleep now. Not with all these questions in my head.
What will they have me do? Go on regular missions and stuff? Will I be an actual Avenger, or will they have me doing the kiddy stuff? Why'd Fury want me on the team? Can I trust them?
I finally drifted into an uneasy sleep.

~time jump - next morning~

I woke up in my new bed, in my new home, with my new life, feeling like crap.
My mom and Paul had been contacted, as well as the camp, so they knew were I was. I'm sure Annabeth has heard of the Avengers. She's too smart not to have.
I quickly took a shower and got dressed, wearing a black muscle shirt and pulling a grey hoodie over it. Slipping a belt around my waist to hold my jeans, I walked out the door and rode the elevator up to where I knew the kitchen was.
The Avengers were already there, eating eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast. Bruce offered me a plate, and I thanked him.
"So," said Tony. "You don't seem very exited."
"What?" I asked. I'd been thinking of the nightmare I'd had last night. I was back in Tartarus, back when we'd been cursed... When Annabeth was suffering... then Bob...
"Percy? You okay?" My head snapped up. It was Steve.
"Y-yeah." I said. "I'm fine."
Natasha leaned forward. "You sure?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "You don't seem fine. Your pale."
"I am?" I asked. She nodded, and waited for my reply. I hesitated, "I told you, I'm fine." I said.
"Look Percy," Steve said, "you can tell us whatever it is that's bothering you. We won't judge or anything."
I sighed. "It's nothing, just a stupid nightmare, that's all."
"What about?" Bruce asked.
"...Tartarus..." My voice came out in a strangled whisper when I said the name of that foul place.
"What about it?" Tony asked me. "Didn't you and your girl like, fall in it or something like that?"
The others all glared at him, and I just nodded. "It's a bit more complicated than that though. We didn't just fall, and there aren't really words to describe anything that happened down there. Horrible, terrifying, monstrous, none of these even scratch the surface of what it was like...."
Tony began to guiltily pick at his eggs, while the others looked at me, their eyes filling with what could have been a number of different emotions.
I didn't like all the attention, so I told them I was heading for the gym, and to tell me if they needed me. Steve ended up coming with me, and thankfully he was quiet the whole way down.
When we finally got to the gym, I started with a treadmill, while he beat the daylights out of a punching bag.
"What'd that thing ever do to you?" I asked Steve with a smirk.
"Nothing." He replied. "This is me going easy."
Dam. Ha, dam...
"Wow." I said aloud. Steve stopped killing the punching bag, and turned to me.
"So you've been in two wars?" He asked.
I nodded. "We lost a lot of good demigods." I said. "They're lives weren't lost in vein."
"Just kids..." Steve mumbled.
"No." I said, stopping my running and turning to him. "Every demigod in either of those wars were twice the man or woman most people could ever be, and they'll be in Elysium for their bravery."
"Elysium..." Steve repeated. "That's like your heaven, right?"
"Yeah." I replayed, moving over to the weights.
Steve followed, though I don't know why. He wasn't exercising anymore. Just talking.
"Look, Percy" he said. "Have you ever talked about this stuff before?"
I shook my head. "Not really."
"Well," he continued. "I think you should. You've experienced more than most will in their entire lifetime, and your only a teenager. I was in a war too, I-"
"Don't." I said quickly. "Don't say you know what it's like. Don't tell me I need to talk about things like this. You've never even seen a titan, or a giant. I fought the Earth, herself! I fought Kronos, lord of time!
"They're worse than you could ever imagine, and that's not even the worst I've been through. I went through Tartarus. Nobody, no mortal or demigod beside me, Annabeth, and Nico has ever been to Tartarus. So don't you dare tell me you understand." I stood, and walked out of the gym, leaving Steve staring behind me, stunned.