19

Sorry I took so long! I'll try to be better!

Percy's POV:

I woke, my head pounding like I had a concussion, which, by the way, I'd had a lot of.
The Kanes, Avengers, and my fellow demigods were all sitting or standing in front of me, and I soon found that I was tied to a chair.
I smirked at their ignorance.
"Well." I said. "I see you've recruited the Kane's now. What's next? You gonna corrupt Blackjack?"
"Percy, we didn't corrupt anyone." Annabeth said. "You need help!"
I didn't look at her. She'd see the truth soon enough...
I then turned my attention to Steve, since he wasn't quite as personal as Annabeth, or any of the seven. Nico and Will must have gone back to camp, because they weren't in the room. "So," I said. "What's the game plan?"
"You are going to sit there and wait. And we are going to help you, Percy, whether you believe us or not." Steve replied sternly.
I grinned at him. "Oh, this should be good..."
I noticed that Jason was staring at the ground around my feet where Hurricane was, and I grinned. "What?" I asked. "You want a taste?" I teased him, having Hurricane crawl toward him a little.
Jason backed up quickly, running into Hazel, and tripping over her foot as the symbiote inched towards him. Maybe I could help Jason see...
But no, our orders were to wait.
Hurricane snapped back to me, ready to attack if necessary, and I laughed at Jason's face, frozen in fear at the thought of being 'infected' by my beautiful new friend.
"Oh, come on. You must have been curious. In fact, I'm curious. I was wondering, where's the rest of your team?"
"You'll know soon enough." Carter replied coldly.
I nodded. "I'm looking forward to it."
Annabeth tried, again, to get my attention.
"Percy," she said, pulling a chair in front of me. I turned my head away, so she grabbed my chin. "Look at me!" She snapped.
I saw tears in her beautiful, stormy grey eyes, and felt my heart tighten as one of them slid slowly down her cheek...
I wanted to wipe it away, but I was still tied down.
"Percy," she said firmly. "You aren't thinking straight."
"Annabeth-" I said, my voice quivering slightly.
"No!" She interrupted. "Let me speak! I know you Percy, and you're not acting like yourself. The Percy I know is kind, and funny, and cares about his friends no matter what. The Percy I know wouldn't have killed those people in the alley!"
Now I was confused. "What?" I asked. "What people?"
"The ones mugging that couple." Annabeth replied, a bit more gentle now.
I shook my head. "I don't understand..."
"Percy, you killed those criminals." Jason said. I didn't look at him, I was too focused on Annabeth right now. Trying to find something in her face, some sign that they were wrong. I found none.
"I didn't... I'd know." I said, my voice was weak, barely above a whisper.
Yes, you would know. You didn't do anything wrong. Just listen to me, and everything will be fine. Hurricane whispered in my ear.
And for once, I hesitated in listening to him.
"Percy," Annabeth said. "You need to focus. Try to remember."
But as she said that, my eyes began to droop. Hurricane was doing something, and I knew I should fight it, but I was just so tired.
"Percy, no, don't fall asleep!" Annabeth's voice sounded far away, and I could feel someone supporting my head. "Percy!"
"Mmm..." I mumbled. "...tired..."
"I know you are, bud," Jason said. "But we've almost got you, you can't give up now!"
I struggled to keep me eyes open, but it was no use.
I could feel Hurricane crawling up my legs, and I tried to tell them what was going on, but I couldn't focus on anything.
Pretty soon, I forgot that I had to stay awake, and I quickly drifted into a wonderful, deep sleep.

Annabeth's POV:

I watched Percy's eyebrows furrow with confusion and disbelief. "I didn't...I'd know." He whispered shakily.
We were finally getting through to him! "Percy," I said. "You need to focus. Try to remember."
But as I said these words, Hurricane began taking back its energy. Percy's eyes began to droop, and his head began to nod.
"Percy, no, don't fall asleep!" I warned. We were so close, we couldn't lose him now! Not again!
Jason and I supported his head. "Percy!" Jason said.
"Mmm..." Percy mumbled. "...tired..."
"I know you are, bud." Said Jason. "But we've almost got you, you can't give up now!"
We tried keeping him awake, and Natasha even slapped him once, but he soon fell asleep, with Hurricane crawling up his legs...
His chest...
I prayed to all the gods. I prayed for a miracle. I prayed that Bruce would hurry the Hades up already!