27

Percy's POV:

I was potrolling the streets alone, and man, it felt good to be on my feet again.

I could finally get back into helping.

I could finally avenge Jason's death.

We were all taking that pretty hard, but none of us more than Piper. I knew she was strong, and that she'd pull through, but this was going to be hard on her, especially when the war is over, and she has nothing to focus on.

But we'll be there for her. All of us.

We have finally gathered our army, and everyone's preparing. We've melted enchanted metals down into bullets and equipped Hawk Eye with celestial bronze arrows.

We are almost ready. Almost everyone in our army is fully equipped, yet no matter how much we prepare, I can't help but feel like it'll never be enough. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is.

My memories on what happened while I was under the symbiote's control are still hazy, but what I do remember is helping, at least a little. Magnus and Thor's information on Loki and the Norse monsters is also a great help, and while Magnus couldn't offer many people to fight, he's doing all he can, which is more than anyone can ask.

I can't help but feel that the battle is drawing near. Like any moment now, Loli and his army will make themselves known and attack when we least expect-

"Percy!" Annabeth ran up to me. "He's here. Loki's at the tower!"

We both took off running in that direction, yelling to any demigods or agents we saw on our way.

As we approached the tower, I saw that many of our army had already begun to fight, and Annabeth and I quickly entered the fray.

We killed monster after monster but the more we killed the more there seemed to be. We were completely surrounded.

Wave after wave hit us, their numbers growing more and more. It seemed impossible that there could be this many monsters coming at us.

That's when I was it.

Loki had opened some kind of portal  that's where they were coming from.

Tartarus. That's why no matter what we do, we're still outnumbered.

I shouted to Sadie, who'd been fighting to my left.

"Sadie! We need to close the portal!"

She glanced at me, then at the portal before blowing up a small Egyptian demon. "Cover me." She shouted.

I grabbed Annabeth, Piper, and a young Hermes kid and together we fought off anything that tried to attack Sadie.

We reached the portal in a matter of minutes, but there was a problem. Probably the same reason why nobody else had destroyed the portal yet.

This was the main source of where the monsters where, and therefore, we needed to stop the flow of monsters, before we could shut off the portal, all without getting killed.

As the three of us began to destroy the creatures coming through, Sadie began to chant some form of spell.

We had to hurry. The monster flow had lessened, but they were still coming. A few more demigods had joined us, and we'd almost driven them back to Tartarus. Finally, as the last few came through, we killed them, and sent them back.

However, Sadie was not done with the spell, and while the portal was shrinking, it was still plenty big enough for the monsters to come through. We knew they would. No matter how many we killed, they'd just come back.

We could already see them coming, some reforming closer than others, and running for the portal. It was almost closed, but there wouldn't be enough time.

Suddenly, Piper stepped through the closing portal and into Tartarus.

"What are you doing?" I shouted. I quickly followed her in, trying to get her out before the portal closed. "Come on!"

Just then, the wave of monsters hit. We both quickly tried to fend them off, and Piper looked back at me.

"Go!" She said.

"You're coming too!"

I could hear Annabeth and the others yelling to us from the other side of the portal.

It was almost closed.

Piper turned to me. "I'm sorry." She said, before pushing me brought the portal and turning back to the monsters.

I tried to get to my feet, but by the time I was up, the portal had closed.

Piper was gone.