07

Yuri could definitely tell she was blushing, heat still increasing in her cheeks as she tried to calm herself down. Thumping loudly, her heart raced inside her, only futher stressing the girl. Yuri knew she had to calm down but she was too embarrased after the event to even rid it off her mind, it stuck in her brain like glue even hours after it happened.

  Dropping her head on the open geography text book before her, Yuri let out an exasparated sigh whilst pulling her hair slightly. She was meant to be studying, she even stayed after college in the libary but here she was thinking about Youngjae.

  Youngjae and her only met roughly a week or so ago, how could he feel this way about her already? Yuri wasn't stupid, if he kissed her he would most likely see her as a romantic interest (or he's someone who likes to play with another's feelings but Youngjae didn't seem to be someone like that). If her assumptions were true, what was she meant to do? Pretend that she doesn't know he has feelings for and just remain as friends. She didn't want to put him in the friend zone, nor did she actually share the same romantic interest.

  All of a sudden, rain came thundering down accompanied by thick, lumbering, grey clouds forming in the air; hanging over the area.

  Yuri chewed the inside of her cheek slightly, vassilating over the idea of either continuing her revision of geography or to walk out in the rain to relief herself of the stress.

  Making up her mind, she gently closed the textbook and placed it into her school bag. Bidding a quiet thank you and farewell to the librarian, she left the libary and headed outside.

  An umbrella in hand and confusion in mind, Yuri stood at College's entrance. Yuri sneaked a glance at the umbrella as if it were some large sin or a secret she should be hiding. Never, had Yuri ever involuntarily chose to use an umbrella, either her parents forced her into using one or a drastic weather increase forces her to do so.

  It can't hurt can it?

  Opening the umbrella, Yuri stepped out into the rain with the new shelter.

  Surprisingly, it was still relaxing. Eyes trailing around the umbrella above her, she focused on the droplets slowly dripping down from the points of the umbrella, forming a small bead before gradually detaching itself; the whole concept was some what pleasing for her.

  Despite the fact the rain itself wasn't hitting her, the bitter coldness still bit through her clothes, and the puddles still reflected the street lights and car lights.

  It was like she was viewing rain from a whole new world. Normally when she occasionally used an umbrella, Yuri would be sulking and just focus on getting home but now, her mind was so distracted from the world she was capable of taking in the wondrous experience of walking with an umbrella.

  Feeling slightly giddy, Yuri twirled the umbrella in her hand, noticing a spray of droplets flying off from the umbrella. Holding the umbrella there whilst twirling it around reminded herself of something, 

  Again, Youngjae came back into her mind with their first proper encounter, when he gifted her with the umbrella she was holding.

  And of course, the kiss resurfaced in her mind.

  Luckily, the umbrella shielded her from anybody noticing the red tints in her cheeks.

  Why was Youngjae always coming up in her mind? Why was somebody she barely knew distracting her from her studies? Why did he have to kiss her?

  More why's continued to run through her head before her journey was abruptly stopped.

  "Sorry." Yuri quietly apologised, not daring to look up at who she bumped into and tried to walk around them.