21

a/n this is roughly a day before the previous chapter

  When her eyes fluttered opened, she could only see white.

  Rubbing her eyes slightly, she focused on the plain ceiling above her, not registering where she was.

  At first, she considered it to be quite soothing and welcoming, but the more she stared, the more cold it seemed to the girl.

  Again, when she glanced down at her lap, white covers wrapped her body.

  Confusement bestowed the girl's face as she slowly gazed around the room she had awoke in.

  "Ah." was what escaped her lips, no surprise evident in her tone.

  Turning her head to the right, she looked at the flowers and cards beside her bed, all from people she couldn't name. Picking up one of the cards (she was attracted to the sunflower on the front) she opened it up and read it's contents. Slight puzzlement came to the girl when she read who it was addressed too, before realising it must be her name.

  "Yuri." She mumbled the name as if foreign.

  "Yuri?" A voice full of concern called out, the door opening to reveal a teary eyed woman.

  Shocked, she jumped up at the sudden incoming of strangers, before realising that she called her name so they must be somehow related.

  "M-mum?" She hesistated, closing her eyes in hope she was right. She didn't want to make the woman cry or worry about her loss of memory.

  Smiling her 'mum' moved closer to the bed, sitting down beside her and pulling her in closer as the girl shuffled into a comfy sitting position.

  Yuri squirmed slightly, cringing at the skinship but nonetheless, played along.

  The man, silently regarding the two from the doorway sighed, "Honey, she doesn't remember."

  A beat of silence passed over, nobody talking as the truth dropped.

  Yuri looked down guiltily, "I'm sorry."

  Her mother only chuckled with a mix of crying, much of a surprise to the girl, "Don't worry dear, the doctor warned us of this. He said it was only temporarily."

  Yuri slowly nodded, still feeling incredibly guilty about not even remembering the very people who looked after and nurtured her.

  Even worse, she had no idea who she was, and it almost scared her that she still didn't see 'Yuri' as her name.

  Confused and slightly distressed, her eyes grew weary, a wave of tiredness washing over the girl.

  They talked a few more minutes, only making small talk, until Yuri couldn't hold back the question any longer.

  "What happened?" Yuri mumbled between yawns, wanting to know why she was in a hospital room.

  Her mother frowned slightly, a darkness overcoming her eyes, "The doctor said we had to wait till your temporary amnesia passed, something about confusing your mind more."

  Yuri held back a groan, she just wanted to know what happened but she was too tired to argue.

  Yawning, she lay back down into the bed, snuggling into the blanket ever so slightly.

  "I'll let you rest dear, have sweet dreams." Her mother kissed her forehead, coming off somewhat patronising towards the girl, before ushering the father out in silent whispers.

  Sighing, Yuri rolled over to glance out the window, watching the rain fall down from the dark sky.

  She smiled to herself, watching the rain drops race down the glass, for her love for rain still remained despite not remembering other things.

  And as her eyes could bear no longer, they slowly closed into a deep slumber.

  Yuri woke up again to the sight of white, but it was different this time.

  She had no idea how long she had slept, but it was long enough to be able to remember everything she temporalily lost and for it to be daylight.

  Well, except the reason why she was in hospital.

  Yuri could make a reasonable guess as to what happened having suffered this before.

  Most likely, something traumatic happened to her and so, yet again, her brain wiped it.

  Yuri was about to go back to sleep but a light snore startled her.

  Jumping with surprise, she shuffled backwards whilst sitting up, staring wide eyed at the sight before her.

  On the bed, next to her lap, rested a brown mop of hair.

  Yuri frowned, cautiously stretching out her hand and lifting up the hair with hesitation.

  She tilted her head down to the side to get a better look at the sleeping boy before her.

  Her eyebrows cane closer together, before her stomach dropped into an endless pit.

  Nausea travelled up her throat and tears pricked at the corner of her eyes as she slowly retracted her hand shakily away from the male.

  Her lips quivered, staring at the boy eith fear.

  'Not again.' She thought with a helplessness, feeling almost broken, watching the sleeping boy whom she couldn't put a name to face.

  The boy began to arouse, his voice mumbling words in a deep voice.

  It was too soon. Yuri wanted to run away before he noticed her awake, she wabted to hide away from the problem.

  Her brain racked for any kind of memory, desperately grabbing for a hint of the lost information but it was useless.

  "Yuri!" Youngjae gasped, relief overcoming him at the sight of the woken girl.

  However, the reply that came wasnt what he expected nor wanted to hear.

  Holding back tears, the girl spluttered out a ramble of words, none of which was audible to the boy.

  "Yuri? Slow down, what's wrong?" Youngjae asked with concern, resting a hand on her hand.

  Gulping, the girl stared at the boy she didn't recognise, "I-I'm sorry"