13

Grinning gleefully, the small girl held her grans hand as she skipped along beside, innocence and sweetness radiating from her.

  Dark clouds were beginning to swell in the blue sky but nobody below noticed.

  "Can we visit the pet shop!" Her tiny hand pointed at the shop further down the street, excitement bouncing around in her tiny frame.

  A chuckle came from the elder, her face smiling with wrinkles, "Be patient Yuri."

  As the two took a few more steps, light droplets began to fall, soon turning into a cold, heavy shower.

  Everybody began to move faster, creating a bustle.

  As they came nearer the pet shop, the girl hopped up and down, "Look granny! It's there!  Let's go, let's go!"

  The child began to pull her gran towards the pavement.

  "Wait child, remember what you were taught? Check the road before you cross."

  Yuri glanced left and right down the quiet road, being a very quiet area, "It's clear!"

  Her gran nodded and the two walked onto the tar, walking through the newly forming puddles.

  Suddenly blaring music tore down the streets, a car swaying side to side with an intoxicated driver.

  Everything went in slow motion before her eyes as she was flung backward and watched, with a sickening crunch, as her gran's frail body broke underneath the car.

  Horrified, the girl looked at her gran before staring up at the dark clouds pouring water.

  Her eyes rolled backwards into blackness.

---

  Youngjae's eyebrows furrowed as he absentmindedly prodded the table with his pen in the half empty room, staring at the miniscule dots of ink left behind.

  His mind was far from the earth, completely pulled away from, what was meant to be, a time for study.

  Distracted and curious, the male couldn't help but think about what Yuri had said the lesson before. It wasn't so much that he had gained interest in her again, no he was actually set on somebody else now, but he had a voice nagging at the back of his head saying that there's a chance she does remember him.

  He could ask Min Yung about Yuri, they were still close aa far as he was aware plus, Yuri trusted her a lot.

  A small ruckus came from the front of the classroom, a girl, seemingly, trying to push past a group of students talking.

  "Youngjae! Where is Jackson?" Min Yung asked, finally breaking through the forces and standing over Youngjae's desk, her hair astray with a ruffled skirt and creased shirt.

  Heavy breathes came from the girl; it was evident that she had just ran here.

  Youngjae snickered at her need for Jackson, knowing that the two were secretly dating despite their constant cover ups and lies.

  "I'm not too sure, with Mark maybe? He was over at the science department with Jinyoung I last saw," Youngjae replied, ready to say good bye before a thought came to him, "Hey Min Yung, didn't you used to be friends with Yuri?"

  A loud, nervous gulp came from the girl aa her eyes trailed left.

  It had never actually occurred to Youngjae before, but he could faintly remember seeing Min Yung and Yuri together in elementary school.

  Youngjae had just always presumed the two stayed as friends but Yuri was too nervous to meet him and his friends till high school however now, reflecting on it, he realised how awkward she was around Min Yung too.

  Almost as if they had only just met.

  "So she hasn't told you?" Min Yung sighed but with no surprise, as if she was expecting it, her body slumping.

  "What do you mean?" Youngjae inquired.

  A long hum came from the girl, pondering over the idea of deciding whether to tell or not. Finally, she gave a sigh and pulled the chair over, explaining everything she could to him.

---

  Tired, Yuri's head rested on the table to the side, her eyes unfocused on the scratched, wooden surface. Soft music of Bach playing in the background, becoming more of a fuzz to her ears.

  Tapping her fingers to the beat of the song, her mind travelled to space, carelessly exploring different thoughts and ideas without much concern.

  Again, her life was becoming lonely again, like how it used to be. Occasionally she would talk with Bambam but other than that, she only ever hanged around with Min Yung.

  It pained her that she couldn't make friends, not easily that is. Ever since she was a child her parents watched over her every move, out of concern and care of course, and would shelter her from any dangers. As a result however, she had only came to lose the experience of socialising and making many friends at a young age.

  Besides, even if she did make friends it wouldn't matter now. Not if she couldn't even remember them.

  Only blurry snippets ever stuck in her mind, her brain subconsciously blocking out any possible triggers.

  Frustration came to the girl, over the idea that she had control over this, that she couldn't stop it even if she wanted to.

  It was all so unfair. All of this happening her due to a careless driver when she was six.

  Ever since then she hated rain, it was the only clear thing she could remember in her mind. She knew everything else only because she begged her parents to tell her when she was eleven but the rain stuck in her mind.

  It had became like a meaning of death, a symbol of despair and sadness.

  Not until she was twelve, where yet again she had another forgotten incident with the rain and a boy.

  Only in this case, she didn't know why she had forgotten him, only the rain stuck in her mind like a blessing.

~~~

  You're probably all confused now but don't worry, everything becomes clearer soon. I promised more updates but stupid me has been lost for motivation and time.

  I hate promoting but please follow or keep an eye out on nochestnosex because some thing big is going to happen there soon.