23

Months had passed since the accident; months that flew for the unkowning girl but years for the boy who still remembered everything.

  Repeatedly, his friends would tell him to just go talk to her, even start a new friendship with her or something, but everytime he came even remotely close to telling Yuri, he chickened out.

  For the first month, Youngjae was absolutely depressed. Just seeing her in the distance gave him the sensation of a million daggers piercing his skin, digging away at his insides. His eyes always seemed dull. The bubbly sunshine everybody knew seemed to have dissapeared, instead, a constant sad aura followed Youngjae.

  However, he slowly climbed his way back up, with the help of his friends.

  In fact, one time he actually had contact with Yuri. Well, she asked him to transpose some musiv but nevertheless, it made the boy happier, giving him some hope.

  This was a week ago, and now, Youngjae was feeling his determination coming back.

  "Youngjae, focus!" Jaebum shouted at the boy startling him out of his thoughts.

  "Sorry hyung." Youngjae apologised, but Jaebum smiled at the younger gently, understanding his ordeal.

  Currently, Youngjae was practising a dance routine with the other six boys, preparing for another street performance.

  Although not the best at dancing out of all of them, majoring more in music, Youngjae still found joy in the physically demanding activity.

  When Jackson first proposed the idea - who, now that Youngjae thought about it, alwayd came up with the wildest ideas - he was sceptical at first. How would someone like him learn to dance as good as the rest?

  However, he really did improve a lot since they started up the idea.

  Youngjae wouldn't know how he would've survived these past months without his friends and dance. Just dancing with them alone gave him a sensational rush and rid all his stress and worries.

  Despite his harships, his friendship with all six never seemed to fail.

  "Youngjae, are you going to tonights concert?" Jaebum asked, throwing a bottle to the boy.

  Youngjae nodded excitedly. He himself wasn't performing, however Yuri was, having won their class' composition contest, and the boy didn't want to miss her performance for the world.

  He knew how shy she would get and how she probably was really nervous so he wanted to support her, even if she wouldn't recognise him.

  Meanwhile Yuri, true to Youngjae's thoughts, was pacing up and down the hallways, an anxious bile threatning to come up her throat.

  Her stomach was twisted into a knot, actually, several knots. The nauseating sense of sickness plagued her mind and body, her brain incapable of processing any sort of information.

  She was still shocked she even won the composition contest in the first place, because she was certain that brfore her accident she had done literally nothing.

  After, of course, she was inspired, mostly by the strange boy who she could not recognise.

  Clearly she can remember his face when he woke up, distraught and torn at the sudden realisation.

  Yuri had requested to see the boy later on that day, desperately wanting to know who he was, but he never came.

  That kind of torn Yuri slightly, because that was the very thing she always wished not to happen.