16

The whole situation was pretty ironic, considering the fact that this was Youngjae not that many weeks ago in the same position

  Min Yung stared at the girl with surprise but excitement, feeling almost proud of her friend for coming out her shell a little moment.

  "Wow, my little Yuri is coming to me for love advice." Min Yung sang with a patronising voice, obviously purposefully embarrassing the shy girl.

  Yuri whined slightly, embarrassment reddening her face, "Min Yung, please."

  Grinning, Min Yung offered Yuri a seat on her bed, whilst she sat on the chair at her computer, crossing her legs over.

  "So you are saying you and Youngjae are becoming distant?" Min Yung asked.

  With an frustrated sigh, Yuri nodded much to her annoyance, hating the whole idea.

  Min Yung sat silently, chewing on her lip with thoughtfulness as she tried to think of some kind of answer.

  Admittedly, she was surprised to see Yuri come to her, after she found out they were in fact once friends the two had a buffer between them. Of course, this was because Yuri went through a phase of blaming herself for the fact they stopped being friends due to her memory loss, but soon slowly accepted the fact that it was just stupid to act like that.

  Min Yung was almost proud of Yuri, she had certainly came out of her shell and beginning to start accepting certain facts about life.

  She could see the old, cheerful and outgoing Yuri she once knew.

  "U-Uhm Min Yung?" Yuri's sweet yet nervous voice drew Min Yung back into the actuality of her bedroom, her eyes blurring slightly before focusing on the distraught girl before her.

  If it weren't for the fact that Yuri felt pretty insecure sometimes, especially on topics like this, Min Yung would've laughed at the panicky sight of the girl.

  "Do you know why he is becoming distant?" She asked, already knowing the answer but wondering if the often naive girl even knew.

  "Anya." Yuri mumbled, tapping her foot on the bed side.

  An eyebrow raised, Min Yung finding herself surprised by Yuri's jealously, "So, you're jealous."

  "No! It's just that I-" Yuri gave a defeated sigh, "- Yes I am jealous, but I'm not letting that get the best of me."

  Min Yung nodded, agreeing with her and pleased that she didn't let the strong emotion take over her very conscious.

  "Honestly Yuri, I don't know what you can do, especially when it comes to Youngjae. You should've seen him when he started developing his crush on you, we could barely grab his attention whenever you were around." Min Yung laughed, reminiscing over the memories of her and the boys teasing Youngjae and his adoration for the girl.

  Normally Yuri would've became a spluttering mess with a deep hue of red coming upon her cheeks, but instead the light in her eyes dimmed slightly. Guilt and sadness washed over the girl, finding some disgust to her past self for the ignorance towards the soft boy.

  "I'm sure your friendship wont end though, he still cares for you." Min Yung pointed out.

  Yuri only gave a doubtful hum, staring at Min Yung's wall covered with photos. Longing was present in her eyes, rounding with a sadness.

  Min Yung frowned, moving forward with concern, "You okay Yuri"

  Yuri jumped slightly at her voice, caught unaware by her question, "Yeah, it's just..."

  Cautiously, Yuri took small steps forward, her arm stretching out as a finger gently traced the borders of one photo.

  "How come I've never noticed?" Yuri's voice quivered, a pricklimg sensation in her eyes.

  Min Yung squinted with confusion, walking over to see which photo it was.

  "Ah."

  Min Yung satred at the photo of her and Yuri from when they were younger, bright smiles spread across their face.

  "Min Yung, why didn't you ever tell me?" Yuri murmured, staring at the unfamiliar photo.

  It was all so strange, to look at a photo of herself and another but almost feel like that person who should be herself, isn't really her.

  She couldn't even remember the faintest detail of this photo's story, of the memory it held.

  "I knew if I told you, you would blame yourself."

  Yuri numbly nodded, "Why did you wait so long to talk to me again?"

  She couldn't even begin to imagine all the pain Min Yung would've went through after losing a best friend, especially at a young age.

  Min Yung's head hung low, "I was scared, scared that I would lose you again."

  Anger didn't rise in Yuri, how could she? She too, left Youngjae because she was scared.

  Giving a small smile, Yuri approached the girl and wrapped her arms around, "It's okay to be scared."

  Taking a deep breath, Min Yung nodded and recollected herself, standing in the silent embrace of the girl.

  Only a few seconds passed before Min Yung decided to talk.

  "Awhh, my baby Yuri is stepping out her shell!" Min Yung sang, teasingly pulling the girl's cheeks slightly.

  Yuri whined again, fending off her hands whilst laughing.

  All thoughts of Youngjae and any other concerns escpaed their minds as they spent their day in Min Yung's rooms, back like they used to be.

~~~
  Sorry about the lack of drama or action  between Youngjae and Yuri, i wanted to show Yuri's and Min Yung's friendship because I believe friendship is just as important.