08

Over the past few days Yuri, subconciously, had been avoiding Youngjae.

  Maybe it was because of their differences with the rain. Maybe it was because Bambam had recently wanted to hang out with her a lot recently.

  Or perhaps it was because Youngjae had lied to her.

  It wasn't specifically a lie, he never necessarily stated that he loved the rain but he always seemed to have a liking to the rain.

  Yuri just couldn't overcome the idea that they were completely different, polar opposites. It wasn't just their views on the rain but almost everything. Youngjae was a talented, sociable boy who was well reputated throughout the whole school and always had that cheerful smile of his. Yuri on the other hand? Little to no talents beside percussion (which sometimes she didn't even consider as a talent considering that, in the end, it was just whacking things with sticks), someone who struggled to make a decent conversation or even do tasks without embarrasing herself, and most different thing of all.

  Yuri was the freak of the school.

  "Something on your mind?" Bambam spoke up beside her, taking a sip from his drink.

  Yuri's head looked up from her cake to face Bambam sitting across from her. Brought back to reality, her trail of thoughts abandoned her as the real world began to connect with her.

  Quiet chattering murmured around the two, a sweet aroma filling the cafe. Pastel colours complimented the soft, genial atmosphere and a sense of tranquility sank into all the customers, relieving them of any worries of strife.

  A classic cafe.

  "Hellooo?" A hand waved in front of Yuri's face trying to grasp her attention.

  "Ah, sorry, I'm fine." Yuri mumbled, embarrased that he caught her daydreaming.

  Yuri continued to prod her cake with a fork.

  "You going to eat that?" Bambam gently asked, gesturing to her sponge.

  A red hue formed on her cheeks, as she lightly shook her head, brushing back the strands of hair that fell loose.

  Bambam, almost as if he were starved, immedietly began to eat the cake, "Youngjae, isn't it?"

  Was she that obvious?

  Meekly, another nod answered his question.

  "Aish, you should just talk to him already." Bambam shook his head, acting like he was some wise, old, knowledgeable man you find in movies and books.

  "If only it were that easy." A long breath escaped her lips, her posture slumping significantly into the chair as she ran a  hand despairingly through her hair.

  "Uh hello? He's clearly in love with you." Bambam stated as if it were blindly obvious, eating another bite of the sponge.

  Yuri gave him a skeptical look, finding his idea rather incredulous and quite frankly, imaginative.

  "Finally, you're here! Bye Yuri!" Bambam suddenly stood up, left some money on the tabl and ran out, nudging Youngjae slightly on the way out.

  Instantly upon sight, her body went taut, anxious thoughts wiring itself through her nerves.

  Youngjae, just as jittery, sat down where Bambam was once sitting and gave a trying smile with his hands trembling ever so slightly.

  Later on, he would need to repay Bambam for this.

  Youngjae agreed to himself to get straight to the point instead of beating around the bush so he opened up his mouth and spoke as fast as possible, a long chain of words tumbling out his mouth in an incomprehensible mumble.

  Yuri's eyes shuttered, not understanding a single word he said.

  Youngjae let out a shaky sigh, ruffling his hair slightly in a nervous manner, "Why are you ignoring me?"

  "I'm not ignoring you." Yuri quickly answered, a hint of uncertainty in her secluded voice.

  Youngjae let out a loud, frustrated sigh, startling the docile girl before him who never dealt with these kind of things. Youngjae began to speak, anger rising in his throat, "You're constantly with Bambam or you make up some excuse whenever I ask you to hang out! I know we only knew each other for a few days but- Wait are you crying?"

  Youngjae's voice suddenly became softer, like a mother, and he lowered her head slightly to see Yuri's bowed head. Tenderly, he brushed aside her hair to see a tear stricken face, redness tinting her cheeks.

  "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout
at you." Youngjae stuttered, slowly turning into a panic frenzy as he realised she was crying.

  "I'm sorry for ignoring you." Yuri choked, her chest heaving as tears continued to fall, "I-It's just Min Yung told me ypu hated the rain."

  Youngjae blinked thrice, trying to register what she said before a low chuckle escaped his throat as he gently held her cheek and wiped away her tears, gazing into her endearing eyes.

  "Is that what you were worried about?" Youngjae smiled at the soft hearted girl before him.

  With a ginger nod of her head, Youngjae relaxed as his shoulders sagged.

  "Min Yung's right, I hate the rain," Yuri's eyes seemed to dull slightly, as if a sadness overcame her, "but that's only because I get sick easily but there are times when I love the rain."

  "When?" Yuri's voice croaked slightly.

  Youngjae's lips curled upwards at her question, "When I'm with you."

  Yuri couldn't help but give a small, meaningful, smile. All worries and troubled thoughts about their differences cleaning itself from her mind.

  How stupid was she to worry about how different they were, of course Youngjae wasn't someone to be affected by something like that.

  "Want to share a cake?" Youngjae grinned happily, a slight bobbing in his posture.

  Yuri laughed at the childishness in her friend, and feeling brave, she answered him more casually, "Only if I get to feed you."

~~~

  I am so sorry for being such a cheesy writer but I had to. This whole fanfic originally was meant to be really really angsty but I'm enjoying writing something more fluffy and cheesy xD

  Did I mention this in the last chapter or was that in my other fanfic? Idk, anyways, I am currently writing two bts fanfics in my drafts one is a dystopian themed whilst the other is a msytery/horror so when I do publish tuem I hope you will all support it ^^

I also started another fanfic called Fire, featuring Jackson, so it would be great if you could check it out.

Thank you all for reading~