10

"Stop being a coward and confess already." Jinyoung spoke in a passive voice, not glancing up from the book he was reading.

  Running a hand through his hair, releasing a distressed sigh, Youngjae let his head fall back and stared at the ceiling as he felt his soul drift away.

  "I tried, but she didn't hear me." Youngjae mumbled in a lifeless voice, studying the plain cream colour of the ceiling without any interest but merely to distract and busy himself.

  Jaebum looked at the stressed male with an unamused look, "Why didn't you just repeat it?"

  Closing his eyes, Youngjae took a deep breath and pretended he didn't hear what he said.

  "Obviously because that would be even more awkward." Jinyoung yet again spoke, still focusing on the book in hand, casually turning the page with a gentleness.

  Questioning why he even bothered coming, the younger male only slumped futher into the chair and instead set his focus on the cat which was, rather peacefully, sleeping on the bed.

  Earlier that day, Youngjae had decided to ask Jaebum and Jinyoung for help, deciding that they were probably more sensible than the rest of his friends (especially since Bambam gave him ridiculous advice last time).

  However, now reflecting back on his choices of coming to Jaebum's place for the help, he was slowly regretting his choice.

  Jinyoung was completely engrossed with his book, not even sparing an eye to anything else in the room, and Jaebum was lovingly petting his cat, half paying attention to the conversation.

  No progress was being made whatsoever.

  Of course the simple answer here would be to just walk up to her and confess, but the whole task seemed a hundred times more daunting to Youngjae.

  After a futher considerable large time of staring at the cat, Youngjae abtuptly stood up from his slouched position, grabbing his phone from the arm of the chair before shoving it into his pocket.

  Saying a goodbye to the pair, he left Jabum's apartment and walked out onto the street, momentarily watching people pass by, and the cars driving in a strict manner.

  Taking out his phone, he sent a quick text to Min Yung and put it away again, not waiting for a response.

  Glancing up at the white dotted sky, avoding the glare of the sun, he began to walk in the direction of Min Yung's house.

---

  Youngjae sat on Min Yung's bed, listening to the quiet noise of her mother's cooking downstairs and the clicking of keys being pressed on a keyboard, coming from Min Yung who sat before a computer monitor.

  Her mother considered all seven boys as her sons, loving each and everyone of them, so it was of no bother for Youngjae to come in. In fact, her mother even invited him to stay for dinner, to which he politely accepted.

  He glanced around the familiar room, taking note of the blue coloured walls with several posters and photographs from  childhood and times with  friends.

  Grinning, Youngjae took a quick selfie in the room and sent it to Jackson, knowing it would quickly make his friend jealous.

  "And finished!" Min Yung sang, twirling around in her chair, "So what can I do for you?"

  Youngjae paused, biting his cheek slighty as he tried to think of his response.

  "What should I do if... I like someone but I can't confess." Youngjae carefully placed his words, not wanting to admit to her who it was.

  "You mean Yuri?" She inquired, a knowningful smirk on her face, as she pulled her chair closer to him.

  His face contorted to one of shock but then again, he wasn't fully surprised. Min Yung somehow manages to find out everything that happens in or out with school.

  Meekly, Youngjae nodded, a slight tint of embarrassment present on his cheeks.

  "Youngjae, you are a literal ball of sunshine, why can't Jackson be just as sweet and pure." Min Yung sighed, rustling her long hair slightly, most likely tired of her closer friend's wildness.

  Youngjae decided not to respond to that and instead waited for her to continue.

  "Yuri is really shy and sweet, so try not to be rough when you're confessing, don't be so straight forward if you get what I mean. Just wait for the right moment." Min Yung answered his question, nodding firmly along with her thoughts.

  If anything, Youngjae was even more clueless about the whole scenario, all her words seemed to fly over his head.

  How would he know when was the right moment?

  How does he tell her without being straight forward?

  What does she even consider as straight forward?

  Min Yung took notice off his confusion and quickly spoke up to recover herself, "Don't think too much about it, you'll know when the time comes."

  A loud shout came from downstairs, calling the two down to help set the table.

  Youngjae looked at her skepticly, whilst getting up from the bed, "How do you know all this?"

  All that answered the lost boy was a wink, before Min Yung ran downstairs after another shout from her mother.

  Deciding to leave the problem till later, Youngjae walked down the stairs where the luring smell of home cooked food brushed his nose. At the last step of the stairs, he relished the smell before landing onto the floor.

  "When is your friend coming?" Min Yung's mother shouted from the kitchen.

  Youngjae walked towards the kitchen and poked his head through the doorway slightly, curious as to where the conversation was headed.

  "She should be here soon." Min Yung brushed past Youngjae and gathered dishes from the cupboard.

  Suddenly, the door bell rung.

  Min Yung's mother glanced at the door, a tray in her hand, then looked over at her daughter who was busying herself with dishes, "Youngjae, could you get that for me dear?"

  Nodding, Youngjae left the kitchen doorway and instead, headed for the entrance.

  Behind the decorated windows, he could see a short figure, their features disfigured by the window.

  Intrigued, he opened the doors.

  The person quickly bowed, "Thank you for having me, I am-"

  Youngjae looked at the person with surprise, "Yuri?"

~~~

  yadong- recently reviewed this book ad I want to say thank you! It was reallt useful ^^ I recommend checking out her review book because her reviews are great and they really help!