The Last Dance (17)

Hey guys, thanks for the votes and becoming fans =) 

Hope you like this chapter! I'm still trying to make it sound right, but I thought I'd get it out there anyway. And it has another blast from the past that hopefully will give you some insight on Celia... that's all I'm saying... ;D

PS. This chapter has a short flashback, which starts and ends with a set of three stars *** for those of you who can't see italics on your phones 

Comment and Vote? 

Cheers,

xo. 

***************************************************

Chapter 17 - Changing Perspectives

I whirled around to see Lyle and Ranya in a furious battle. Their swords were clanging against each other with reckless abandon. I started getting nervous as they flailed their swords at each other, all structure forgotten. An experienced swordfighter could handle an inexperienced opponent but this was way different. They could get seriously hurt here. What had happened?

The girls were red in the face and shouting incoherently at each other. I didn't understand, they had been getting along perfectly all morning.

I looked at John in panic to see he had a grim look on his face.

"So, should we pull them apart? Or throw a buck of water over them?" He asked calmly.

My concern changed suddenly to anger and I narrowed my eyes. "No, just get me a stick."

He cocked an eyebrow but quickly found one and handed it to me.

I strode forward and stuck my 'weapon' between theirs to block their strikes. Then, in two quick movements I disarmed them, sending their swords pitching off to the sides.

They stood gaping in shock at me and I fixed them both with an angry glare.

"To be a knight requires chivalry, it takes honour and virtue, not just swinging a weapon around carelessly. You both would do well to remember that" I said icily.

I threw my stick down and stomped off to my tent furiously.

I felt shaken from their display and the confrontation. Fighting wasn't a game, it took proper training! Mostly I had been scared, terrified that they might really get hurt. They had been using proper weapons and everything.

I picked up my sword and started into a complex pattern dance to burn off my anger. I felt tears welling up in my eyes from being so overwhelmed.

"Celia, stop, you should be taking it easy" I heard John say quietly from behind me. I only sped up my movements, keeping my back carefully turned away from him while I blinked to clear my eyes.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I whirled around furiously and had my sword pointing at his throat before he could even register the action.

"Don't touch me."

He didn't look surprised, or even afraid, though his brows came together in frustration.

We glared at each other, neither moving, neither willing to concede. Without taking his eyes off mine he lifted a hand and closed it over my fist clutching the sword hilt. He firmly pulled my hand down and away from him.

"I thought we were past this."

He looked angry and a little hurt and I looked away, immediately feeling bad. I shouldn't have been taking my fear and anger out on him.