Forgotten Love (A Magnus Bane Love Story)

The rain was coming down in sheets, and I pulled my blue hoodie tightly over my head. Sadly, my black hair was already getting wet. Scowling, I turned around and grabbed for my bag, which was soaking wet. My long, slender fingers grappled with the zipper as I opened it. The contents fell out on my lap, and  grabbed for my phone. I furiously tapped Mason's number into my dial pad and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" he asked when he picked up on the third ring. I quickly grabbed my bag, putting the contents back in and rushing towards a tree to take cover.

"Mason, where are you?" I practically yelled into the phone. "You were supposed to pick me up from band practice twenty minutes ago!" I furiously tugged at my hoodie again, trying to shield myself from the persistent shower of rain. Over the line, I heard scrambling, the knocking of a vase, and the running down a hallway. I sighed in annoyance.

"It's raining buckets out here and my hair is wet!" I squealed. Mason rushed into apologizing.

"Oh, God, Drew, I'm so sorry! I'll be there in a sec, I promise!" Mason abruptly clicked off, leaving me to fend for myself in the rain. I growled in annoyance before rushing over to another tree. I wish I had grabbed the umbrella on the way out of my apartment.

Maybe ten minutes later, a motorcycle pulled up on the curb. After bracing myself, I ran through the rain and towards my boyfriend, Mason Peterson. I wrapped my arms around his waist and as he turned towards me for a kiss, I maneuvered around him. "No kisses until you get me out of the ran. I  have a gig later!"

I could feel Mason's laughs as he turned back around. Together, as he revved the engine, we sped off to my apartment. The world blurred around us as we sped through traffic lights. The roads were relatively empty for New York City. Despite that, we continued riding until we came to my complex.

Mason and I rushed towards the apartment, running up the stairs and laughing. I struggled with the door before finally opening it and bursting inside as Mason followed me. "Kisses now?" he asked as he followed me into the kitchen.

I gave him a look, my blue eyes narrowed. "Mason, I'm taking a shower first. Maybe, if you make me cookies, I might give you a kiss on the nose." I gave him a quick smile before walking towards the bathroom. I closed the door behind me, and sighed, wiping my face so the raindrops would wipe off. My mascara bled against my pale skin, and I scowled, grabbing a wipe and wiping the rest of my makeup off.

"Babe?" Mason asked. "What kind of cookies do you want?"

I smiled at myself in the reflection before answering, "Surprise me!"

I heard Mason chuckling, then I checked the time on my phone. 5:34.

I took a quick shower and got out bout fifteen minutes later. I rushed into my bedroom, picked out a pear of sweatpants and a tank top, and put the items on, I got back into the kitchen just in time to see Mason taking of white macadamia nut cookies out of the oven. I grinned at him and plucked one of the cookies off the sheet, popping it into my mouth. It basically melted as I tried to chew.

"Oh, my goodness," I murmured, taking another self-indulgent bite. "Mason, you have a gift. Now, I'm stealing your motorcycle keys and going to my gig."

"Where are you performing tonight?" Mason asked after a moment of blushing.

"At some party for this guy named Marcus Bana or something. I don't know, but Ian says he heard us and saw our banners and called him for party music. He offered to pay us fifty bucks an hour, can you believe it? Fifty dollars each!"

Mason nodded in approval before taking one of his cookies and popping it into his mouth. "Well, you have to go get changed! When's the gig?"

"At 6-ish, I think, but the Bana guy lives in Brooklyn."